Thread: rmk risers

Default rmk risers

anyone have any advice for putting a riser on a '01 RMK 700...?

like, how much higher can I go and still reach the stock cables? any particular brands or models that are more compatible than others?

thanks.

I like ROX risers, but there are several brands. Or you can go with taller bars to get the same effect. The snow-go shops that sell risers will sell throttle cable extensions and brake line extensions, or you can go to the Jackovich store on International Arpt Rd and have a new and improved brake line made to your specs. Take your old line with you so they can match the ends.

Typically on a polaris you can go with a 2" riser and keep your stock cables, lines, and handlebar pad. Much beyond that, like Mr pid said, you will need extensions, and the pad will probably have to go. I

Default From Experience

2 inches is all you can get with out extensions

Sorry about the triple post. 2" is all I could get on both of my rmk's, but I like the stock look so my handlebar pads are still in place. I have heard of a few guys getting 3" risers to work out.

I have a 3 inch on my 03 and i had to replace both cables and extend the wireing.

Default watch out

You want to be careful on the 01 which is a polaris gen 2 type sled. The gen 2 steering posts are weak. I do a lot of sled work, and i have replaced a bunch of gen 2 posts. slp sells a extended high strength steering post, and then you can add to that if needed. Then if you roll your sled in anything but powder, your handle bars won't be bent down to your gas tank

Default how high?

is it worth it to get the 2" riser installed on the '01 RMK, only to find out that I'll probably want to go higher? any ideas on total riser height? I'm 5'10" and tend to do 90% of my riding standing upright; I'm also getting into skimobiling and will occasionally be doubling up on passengers.

you can put a stiffener rod down your steering post I have found that helps keep them from snapping. I snapped a couple on my 98 and when i got my 01, I welded a rod in and never had a problem again..

On my 03 it has the post cut and leaned upwards with a 3 inch riser to get the riding position better. I will be replacing the whole stearing system soon and I probably wont need the cable extension or longer brake line if you wanted I would sell the riser and cable stuff and you could save a few bucks. Also if you wanted I would sell the post that being from a 03 it would be stronger and it is much better rider position than stock for an aggresive rider.

Default 4" riser

I would go a minimum of 4 inches for your height if you enjoy riding upright. I've got 6" (I'm 6' 2") on mine and have never looked back. Best mod to date to make my machine more enjoyable. Putting a rod down the center is a must. You'll bend the post just by jumping with the extra leverage of the riser. I used some all-thread and epoxy but still ended up bending the post. I finally had to weld an extension on the hoop and put a pillow block bearing up near the top of the post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will sell my post CHEAP now. Here is how riding went for me at placer on sat. I was carving hard in the powder and snap there i am laying in the snow with the handlebars laying on the tank. What A pain to get the sled back. Just thought it may be a funny post after I had posted pics just a couple days ago.