Thread: Polartec 300

Default Polartec 300

This might be a dumb question but here it is....

Are all polartec 300 made equal?

I believe "polartec" is made by Madden Mills and the 300 the weight of the fleece so i'd have to say that all fleeces are not the same. In my opinion you can see & feel the difference between the cheap & good ones. Look at the stuff they sell in walmart then check out the stuff made by REI, Mountain Hardwear, Marmot or Patagonia.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Thanks for the info. I was looking at ordering some polartec garment from cabelas and was wandering in the quality of their polartec. I know that Northface makes some good polartec jackets, but I was wandering at rest.

Thanks.

Yes. Polartec is the material fabric. So the fabric used will be the same on the Cabela's jacket if it says "Polartec 300" as it will on the North Face Denali which I beleive is still made from "Polartec 300." The only difference will be how well put together it is (stitching, zippers, etc. But, to answer your question, Polartec 300 is still Polartec 300 no matter what company is using it.
    As the above poster mentions however, Polartec does make different weights of polartec (polartex 300, polartec 200) and different types of fabric (windbloc, etc.)