Thread: Ruger Charger

Default Ruger Charger

I stopped at a sporting goods store today to look at some scopes and the gent behind the counter asked if I had seen the new Ruger . He showed me a hand gun based on a 10/22 that had a laminated stock and a bi-pod. I was thinking this could be a fun gun to have. On the way home I decided to call Boondocks to see if they had any. They did so I stopped in and put a deposit on one to lay away. Cant wait to pick it up.
    Heres a link
    http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=4901#

I just reread my post and it looks like an ad sorry. This is just to let you all know that I am no way connected to Ruger or Boondocks.
    Also does any one have one of these guns and if so how do you like it.
    Thanks

Cool looking gun. How much are they going for?

Ruger has a suggested price of 369.50 but Boondocks had a 299.00 price tag. I found a better link here.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Charger/index.html

I wonder how long it will take an aftermarket company to come out with a stock and barrel combo that will allow you to "make" one of your own out of a 10/22. Looks like it'd be kind of fun to play with, not something I could see myself paying nearly as much as what they want for it though.
    NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.

Default rifle to pistol

Unfortunately, if you purchase a gun initially as a rifle, it is very illegal to turn it into a pistol. If you purchase a pistol, you can convert to a carbine, as in the T/C line. That's why they don't advertise the T/C Encore carbine that way.

There was a review of this gun on gunblast.com if anyone is interested. It sounds like a neat little gun.

Well, #$%^! There goes all my fun. I guess I don't need one that bad.
    NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.