Thread: Aluminum For The Gulf In Florida?

Saint Petersburg Fla, Hollywood Fla, and Heidelberg, Germany

Default Aluminum For The Gulf In Florida?

My Name Is Doug And New To This Forum. Grew Up In Chicago And Fished And Hunted North And West To Oregon Where My Brother Lives. I Am Looking At A Hewescraft For Florida Fishing 20-22 Footer, And In Contact With Calumet Marine In Calumet City, Il As That Is Where My Mother Still Lives And He Is Closest Hewescraft Dealer. If Any Of You Lived In Hot Weather State Would You Have Any Problem With Aluminum Over Normal Fiberglass Bay Boats. Summer Here Is Night Fishing Anyway. I Am Looking For Comfort For Offshore, And Hauling My Kayak And Launching For Skinny Water Fishing.

Any Problem With Salt Water With Aluminum, I Tend To Think Not As You Guys Are In Same Conditions, But Heat Reflection Is Concern. Must Say I Had A 17' Crestliner Aluminum For 35 Years And Used For All From Lakes, Rivers, Lake Michigan Salmon, Florence, Ore Salmon And Shgould Have Never Got Rid Of It Here In Fla For A 21' Grady White. I Am Sorry To Make This Long. Heading Home From Visiting Army Wife In Heidelberg, Germany Tomorrow, And Hopeto Have Some Feedback.

Thank You And God Bless
    Doug

Try asking on thehulltruth.com

I second the hulltruth reference. The Hewes would be fine for Floriday use, but I think you would be better off with one of these if you want aluminium: http://blacklabmarine.com/
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Hewescraft, but you get a lot more deck space with the black lab and you can have it built to your specs.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    I second the hulltruth reference. The Hewes would be fine for Floriday use, but I think you would be better off with one of these if you want aluminium: http://blacklabmarine.com/
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Hewescraft, but you get a lot more deck space with the black lab and you can have it built to your specs.
    Wow! Those are some nice boats. Are they owned by Pacific Skiffs? I saw "Pacific" on the sides of some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger01 View Post
    Wow! Those are some nice boats. Are they owned by Pacific Skiffs? I saw "Pacific" on the sides of some of them.
    Same boat design/plan but different builders, I believe. Pacific skiffs are built in Washington I believe. http://pacificskiffs.com/ It's a left coast, right coast thing. What a fishing platform!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.