Thread: Buy Firearms? Not with our credit!!!

Default Buy Firearms? Not with our credit!!!

http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704

CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

I can see a market for signs to be posted in all sporting goods stores:

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS:

WE NO LONGER ACCEPT CITI BANK CREDIT CARDS.

OH, crap, time to change CC companies.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

I got rid of my cc's about a year ago and haven't missed them since.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Uhm.....I purchased two guns last week with a CITI card..from dealers and my card was honored? Is there more to the story?

I am not a licensed FFL dealer but rather joe blow the end consumer. That might be the difference.

Free trade laws are pretty clear. Looks like a clear case of discrimination to me. Might be a good place to put our NRA fees to work!

It is sales over the internet that they won't honor, not face to face dealer to consumer.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

CDNN is no friend of the NRA. This could not happen to a more deserving company.