Thread: Older? Pentax Riflescopes identification

Default Older? Pentax Riflescopes identification

I have a couple of Pentax 3-9X riflescopes I picked up at gun shows because they looked like a good deal for the $ - I think I paid $75 for one and $90 for the other. My best at the time was perhaps they were made by Burris as they appear somewhat similar but no identical.

Both scopes appear similar and are marked "3X-9X Pentax MC Made in USA" on the eyepiece and "Pentax" on the turrent. SN on one is 068XX, the other which appears to be little more streamlined and perhaps newer has a SN of 2019XX.

Interestingly one scope appears to have greenish purplish tint on the eyepiece lens and a rose colored tint on the objective lens while the tints on the other scope is reversed - it appears that they reversed the coatings on the lens.

Like my Nikon scope they have no other identification or any way to tell what model or series these scopes are. Can anyone help me ID these scopes and tell me if they are worth putting on a rifle? My orginal thought in buying them was to put them on a loaner or backup gun.

I'll try and post pictures if it would help.

THANKS!

Call Pentax customer service and ask for Joe Virgil. 800-877-0155 I have talked to him a few times and he is the Pentax geek. He know his stuff and loves to talk about Pentax optics. Or you can email him:
    Joe.Virgil@pentax.com

Perry
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Older Pentax Scope Information

Thanks for the contact!

After a couple of attemts I finally got in touch with Joe on the phone and had a nice chat. He advised me both scopes are the light seeker models; the one with the lower SN is apparently a very early version.

BTW- If you need to get in touch with him with and skip the phone selections his direct ext. is 1245.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Call Pentax customer service and ask for Joe Virgil. 800-877-0155 I have talked to him a few times and he is the Pentax geek. He know his stuff and loves to talk about Pentax optics. Or you can email him:
    Joe.Virgil@pentax.com

Perry

Sounds like Joe had the 411 for you. Great. He's seems like a real nice guy. I've talked to him and emailed him several times. He really seems to know his stuff, and he likes to talk about it!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again