Thread: Beaver Creek

Default Beaver Creek

Has anyone floated Beaver Creek to Vicotoria Creek.
    Thanks

Default Beaver

the questions should be who hasn't flooted Beaver creek?

Call Bob Burssal at Wrights Air Service and as him how many parties he picks up at Victoria Creek each year. If your looking for a summer float and your not hunting its beautiful. Go late as in the year as you can cause the bugs will run you off the banks when camping. If your hunting expect lots of company

Default LOL AKHunter02

Good One! Very Popular River all year these days. Once you get passed V creek limited traffic with a ton of Oxbows!

Default Popular?

Didn't realize it was so popular. Actually thinking of doing it in the fall...walking into Victoria Mountain from either Beaver Creek or Victoria for sheep hunting. Am considering coming back upstream after the hunt...I have an outboard on my zodiac. Heard it is a Class I and sometimes II river. Have been to Beaver Creek once in the winter, but never when it was flowing.

Thanks

HP Restriced, Beaver creek has a 15hp limit. I have floated it and in the fall, I don't think a prop would not make it to the put in. Not to rain on your parade but sheep and caribou both are HARD hunts in the white mountains. You may be better off looking elsewhere for sheep. They are there, I have flown over beaver creek and have not seen sheep. You could float out to the Yukon bridge if you have the time. Good luck.

Steve

Default its popular

because you can do it on the cheap, you only need to be picked up at victoria creek, which is a short hop for Fairbanks. Its very shallow in most places so a prop wont do and you would need a crap load of fuel to motor in and out with a 15 jet. Its a long float from the put in to victoria creek and I dont think you could haul enough fuel to run it in and out. If you want o hunt the whites for sheep you can PM me.

Default Good Luck

I have been down Beaver creek a number of times and what the guys are telling you is true. Prop, no good. Sheep on Victoria or in the Whites no good.

I will tell you from expirience that there are a number of easier places to hunt sheep than Victoria or the Whites. I did it one year and it just about killed me. It's a great time if you like slugging through 3 to 5 miles of straight muskeg with 70 lbs pack on your back. that's just going in. And there aren't enough sheep in either of the two to waste the time or the money.

If you want an in expensive sheep hunt where there are a few and acess isn't to bad by ATV. Head for prindle just off of the Steese Hwy. I fly the area and see them in there all of the time.

As far as Beaver in the fall (moose season) it basically becomes the 3rd larest city in Alaska for two weeks straight. Floated it last year and I bet we seen 40 to 50 other groups floating or camping. With about 5 of those with a moose.

If you want info on Mt. prindle send me a PM.

As if Prindle wasn't crowded enough already....