Thread: snowmachine rental

Default snowmachine rental

Hey I've been searching the internet looking for a place that we can rent snowmachines and ride for a half day or so. Only thing I could find was a place up to Hatcher Pass that does some mushing and horse rides, the lady said they have some older snowmachines they rent from time to time but theyre not real reliable. Didnt sound like she really even cared to rent them out.
    Four of us will be in the Anchorage/Willow/Talkeetna area the first week of March, we wouldnt necessarily need to stay in that area. When I was out hunting in September, I drove by Eureka Lodge and Sheep Mt Lodge, they look like good areas but their website didnt mention snowmachine rentals, I havent called to check yet though.
    We'd prefer to stay at a resort or lodge that rents them, as our rental vehicle doesnt have a hitch, but maybe that'll be a last resort.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Try http://snowmobile-alaska.com They have been around for almost 10 years. They provide some awesome tours. Nice brand new machines!

Try this place. Its in Petersville (near Talkeetna).

http://www.gatecreekcabins.com/winter.asp

Default Rentals

Go with Alaska Snow Safari's. Chris will take care of you! NEW machines with trailers. Can't go wrong.

I've used snow safaris a handful of times they are a great place to rent through and reasonable rates

Default Rent

Yes to all of the above, I would get right on it! because Iditarod is the First weekend in March.. And those machines get booked up fast...

Default Second the Gate Creek cabins

Very beautiful area. The owners are nice. You can stay there and ride theirs. I have only used them in the summer, though.

Thumbs up Alaska Snow Safaris

We have by far the best of any snowmobile rental fleet selection here in the state of Alaska... all new model 2008 sleds.

Mostly Ski-Doos -
    550 fans in Summit $165/day, Freestyle Backcountry $165/day
    and Tundra $185/day,
    600sdi XP Renegades $185/day
    800R XP Summits $225/day

We also have Arctic Cat -
    BearCat 570 $185/day
    M8 $220/day

In addition Polaris -
    600 RMK $185/day

We provide both fully guided tours (1/4 day 1/2 day full day and multi day trips) as well as the unguided rentals.

So far it's a great winter, we are out on the snow, working hard, and having fun!!!!!

With regards to your timing and availability --- March 1-4th is sold out! After the 5th we start to have some open slots... Best to make reservations along this time line as soon as possible.

Brian Richardson
    Alaska Snow Safaris
    http://www.snowmobile-alaska.com
    907-868-7669