Thread: Where to file 406 mHz PLB Trip Plans?

Question Where to file 406 mHz PLB Trip Plans?

I just bought and registered a Terrafix 406 mHz PLB with emergency contacts. My question is:

Is there a single (or multiple) on-line (internet site) entity where I can file trip plans with my itinerary, names of persons on trip, and PLB I.D.# prior to each trip?

My use is for boating, hiking & remote driving. I called Eagle Enterprises and they did not know the answer to this question. I looked at the NOAA/SARSAT website and could not find an answer to this question or a place on their website to file trip itineraries....

Default Contact ACR

I own one too. Great product. We float NW Alaska rivers every year and I would not go without one. Cheap insurance. You can change the information as needed with names of people in group, medical issues, body weight (for chopper) etc.... Also leave a typed sheet with trip plans, drop off/start point/ bush service used (if any)/etc.. with someone you trust and that should be a number given on the ACR info. Also leave with the nearest search and rescue or highway patrol. They are coming to get you either way, but the additional info will be convenient for them to have. It wont effect how soon they get there. They are going right to the beacon. Contact Cathy Mack in Customer Service at ACR. Here is her contact info...

cmack@acrelectronics.com Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Question Where to update trip itineraries?

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    You can change the information as needed with names of people in group, medical issues, body weight (for chopper) etc....
    Dan: Are you updating the information for each trip on the NOAA beacon registration website or someother website?

When you registered your 406 plb, you named two people as your emergency contacts. Give them the information, that is who the trooper will be contacting when your 406 is turn on.

Default ACR...

I believe all the contact/medical/trip plans/etc.. is registered with ACR. I loaded mine with info in 2005 when I got it but have not changed it since. I should have. First trip was in NW Alaska and last trip was in SW. Guess I am making it hard on them. But like I mentioned, it does not affect them finding you. You are just giving additional info. Contact the lady at that email address I gave earlier and ask her where to update trip specific info. Not much to it from what I remember.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.