Thread: Rem model 710

Red face Rem model 710

Any one have any comments on the rem model 710, good or bad.

thinking about purchasing one, but I don't want to purchase a piece of junk.

While I have not personally shot one, I have talked to a few that said don't waste your money. If you are looking to save some cash, check out Stevens, Savage, or my favorite, Ruger. I have shot a Stevens, and have no complaints. I owned a Savage(got stolen), and wish I still had it. I have a Ruger 77 in 25-06 that is the best shooting rifle I own. Not sure if you wanted the extra info, but there it is. Hope this helps.

Default 710

A friend of mine had one and I can't say I was to impressed with it and niether was he, I would suggest you spend the extra $$$ and get a quality gun like Ruger and if the extra $$ is a problem pick up a used one.

Don't waist your money. I managed a sporting goods pro-shop, was around quite a few of these. I wouldn't own one if it was given to me.

Default remington 710

couple of guys foolishly bought them and had them at the range. It was horrific to say the least.
    Run away, run far away.
    Stevens 200
    Mossberg ATR
    Used Remington 700 adl synthetic, used Winchester 70, used Ruger , unless it looked like it was used as an anchor a used known name bolt works just fine.

A piece of junk.

Thanks for the opinions, I am going with another rifle.

For the life of me I can't figure why a prominant company like Remington who is held in the highest regards by many on this forum would taint their image with such a subpar product as the 710!

Bad idea Remington!!

I didn't thing the 710 was that bad.....that bushnell scope that come on it is a POS....why do you guys say it is bad? Just wondering...I own a 700BDL, (not that it matters) so fire away.