Thread: Wasilla area through the ice

Default Wasilla area through the ice

I've fished a few lakes in Wasilla and Pt McKenzie Knik, Brocker and Farmer Lake but only caught only the little 8-10 inchers. Has anyone done any better? I was thinking of trying Lake Lucille. Anything there? What about Threemile Lake?

Default Carpenter Lake

When I was a kid we used to go to Carpenter Lake quite frequently. Did pretty good with fish around the 16" size. Biggest we ever got was probably 4lbs. I don't know about the access to the lake but their used to be a public parking lot. Good luck!!!

Default knik lake is a good bet

i havent fished it so far this year but it used to give up some nice rainbows. also finger lake has treated me good so far this year.

Seymore Lake (Herner's Lake on some old maps). Lot of really nice rainbows. Public access is on the west side. Fish in 15 to 20 feet of water and use shrimp for bait. Can't miss. Visnaw is very good also. About a mile apart, just north of Rainbow at mile 49 of the Parks Hwy.

try Kepler Bradley lake and Matunuska lake.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default WOW thanks

I'm going to hopefully get out this Mon and try a few of these lakes. I'll tell you what, its fun to catch so many you can't keep them off the hook but sometimes size does matter. Hopefully see you guys out there.