Thread: hunting opportunities

Default hunting opportunities

Hi everyone,

Well I just bought a new atv and am fairly new to the area and atving at that rate and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on where I could go and check out some areas to explore for hunting. I plan on using the atv for transportation and then walking further in to actually hunt. Looking for mostly moose and sheep areas. Thanks for your time and replies.

What areas are you interested in? How far do you want to go? Alaska is a big "area".

Default ATV hunting

While I am a newbie ATV hunter myself, I can say that there are many trails off the Denali Hwy. I have travelled only one of them personnally. I would be cautious about going in alone though. Its a big world out there and if you get stuck, its a long walk back to the road. I wouldn't want to pack a moose out by myself anyway!!! Unless my four wheeler was able to get close by.

Good luck to you!

I live in Wasilla and would be interested in most any areas you can get to from the highway and then proceed from there. Distance is not necessarily an issue I have heard of going up to 40 miles on some trails and I would not have a problem with that. My buddy also has purchased an ATV so I would not be alone except close to home trips. Thanks for the info.