Thread: Zachar River goat success

Smile Zachar River goat success

Was anybody here successful or unsuccessful I guess on the Zachar River goat hunt(DG475)? I would like to here either story. After a lot of bad weather (hurricane Katrina) and Roland (Seahawk Air) crashing his plane after he dropped us off, I finally connected on a 9 7/8" x 6" billy. I missed a bigger one too!!

Default Be careful what you type.

Roland from seahawk had an accident. After nearly 20 yrs of safe flying the man had an accident. A wind gust caught the wing after he had landed and flipped his plane. So next time you print something be careful on what you print. Its not only the man who took you to get your goat you are so happy to brag about here. But, also a mans buisness.

Default Roland at Seahawk Air

I apologize for any negative message I might have potrayed here. I just simply stated a fact about an incident. Roland runs a top notch outfit over there and is a highly regarded pilot, especially among his peers. I will definately fly with him again when I get back over there. And I highly recommend him to any one else considering an air service on Kodiak. There was a certain act of nature that caused this accident and nothing else. I hope I cleared that up. Now how about any goats?

We hunted DG475 this last Sept but went the third week. The weather was terrible with high winds keeping us in Kodiak. Then high winds and rain didn't help the hunt. Visability was about 75 yards for most of it. So didn't get a goat but did have a bear run through camp.
    Roland's accident was an act of nature, as you stated. That's a lot different then "crashing his airplane right after he dropped us off" which is what you stated the first time. There was nothing he could have done and was not his fault.

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

Two years ago I had the tag and flew in with Seahawk- incredible pilot that can drive a beaver with the best of 'em. I killed a 10 1/8 x 5 3/4" billy- not super old but mature. He was in a group of 3 billy's that we watched for hours about 2 miles from camp.- killed him on opening morning (yeah, yeah his hair isn't real long)- but hey, I'm a teacher and had to get back to go to work. Great hunt!!!

Smile Jeesh

Jeesh, I simply stated that Roland crashed his airplane. No more, No less. I don't know how else I could say it. I don't understand how that can be so decisevly interpreted as a negative comment on Roland's abilities as a pilot. A lot of good pilots have crashed there airplanes over the years. Things happen, whether it be mechanical, or bad weather(as in this case a high gust of wind flipped the plane) or some other thing beyond the control of the pilot. Roland is by far one of the best pilots out there. His reputation precedes him. Again, I apologize for this obvious misunderstanding. This isn't the first time I ever got in trouble for just saying things for what they are or how I see it without buttering them up or being politicely correct, and it probably won't be the last.

I see your side but look at it like this if you are sitting in your car in your driveway and a tree falls on it would you say you crashed your car? Imagine if you drove people in that car for a living would you appreciate people posting on a public forum (one that caters to thousands of potential clients) that you wrecked your car right after dropping off some paying customers? I agree you are technicaly right I am sure that the FAA report calls it a crash but the ADN also refers to poachers as hunters which gets people all riled up around here as well... Congrats on te Goat!

Default reading into it

sometimes we just have too much time on our hands in the winter huh fellas? 454 lists a plethora of things that could of got in the way of him getting his billy, and you guys proceed to bash him.
    let it go. he said it, edited it for everyones approval, and yet more have to make silly comments.

454, congrats. after a long list of events that could of got in your way you had a successful hunt. good job.

Default Enough!

454's comments weren't meant in any kind of negative way and after confronted about them he restated them in a more professional manner. He then went ahead and apologized for how it was portrayed and then redirected the conversation back to the subject. Well done 454! Lets drop the bashing and focus on the subject.
    Adison

I also see your side but to people that work (or have worked) on aircraft when someone says a pilot crashed his aircraft, that's what it means, he crashed his aircraft, which was not the case here, which you have readily identified. Political correctness does not enter into it. Adison, this is the first time I've seen you as moderator. My intent is not to bash Cusall, I'm not. I just want to insure, as Cusall also did, that people do not think Roland did something to crash his aircraft.
    And I apologize for not saying it sooner, Cusall, congratulations on taking a fine goat! I should take lessons from you, I couldn't get one so I could learn from you. And this is not in jest, I could have used lessons before hand.

Default crash

I'm confused. So after driving 200 miles a woman pulling into her iced over drive way runs off the road and hits a tree, did she or did she not crash.

Default geez...you guys look for anything to start an argument

congratulate the guy and move on...

Its cold and dark!!! It'll get better! Congrats on the goat!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    Adison, this is the first time I've seen you as moderator.
    Adison has been a part of the moderator team for a long time - actually, he and I (and a few others) joined the crew at the same time. He may not post as often as some of us junkies , but he's always been a valuable member of the team.

As for the thread, perhaps we can get back on the topic of goat hunting?

It's either the winter time blues, or some of you guys need to get laid, but I see no reason to jump on 454Casull. Let's see the goat pictures of those who were successful. Pictures are far more better to look at than reading stupid bickering that happens far too often on this site.

Default Ridiculous

You guys are frickin' ridiculous! What a bunch of namby pambies making a big whodoo over some guys poor choice of words (the word "poor" is subjective by-the-way). All he wants to do is talk about hunting. It's guys like you that make most of us just sit here and shake our heads at your ultra sensitive feelings rather than participate in a useful discussion about hunting.

Goodnight!

454 (& others), it looks like you guys were hunting the drawing permit; anyone have success with the registration hunt?
    Tim

Default DG475 Goats

Late August------Weather was NASTY but 2 nice goats down------Windy lake was as beautiful as any alpine lake could be. Flew with Roland. Nice to have a pilot who is also a goat hunter, makes all the difference.