Thread: Trade Knives

Default Trade Knives

Any of you Muzzle loader hunters use Frontier type knives ?

I don't think he's on AOD, but Wes Wipple in Kodiak is a builder. His stuff is absolutely out of sight quality-wise, and so far he's kept prices reasonable. I talked to him about it the other day, and as much as he's trying to get his stock built up to be able to put them in stores, individual orders are sucking up everything he can produce.

Does he have a web site ? Or somewere I can see pics

No web site yet that I know of- he's too busy to mess with it. Here is a link to a photo of one he posted on another forum. It's in Photobucket. The one I linked is a ceremonial Bowie he built on special order. While he's happy when someone pays him for such elaborate work, his run of the mill stuff is not so fancy, but with great lines. He's got a couple of hammer mills and a really good understanding of steel. He's also got some great wood.

cool thanks

I was hunting with him this fall, and he was wearing a really cool neck knife. He cuts patches at the muzzle like I do, and I just couldn't believe how sharp it was. Cut the pillow ticking with one easy swipe, almost like it was paper. And his sheath was better than any other I've seen for a neck knife. Nothing fancy, but sure designed well.

Yeah, I'm trying to convince my wife that I REALLY need one of his knives.

Default neck knife

Thought you guys might appreciate this.........................
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's dandy! I really like the quill work on the sheath, too. Is this your work? Inquiring minds, you know.