Thread: How to Sign Pics

Default How to Sign Pics

Is there a way in Adobe Photoshop Elements to sign my pics before I post them, or do I need Photoshop CS3?

You know, I had signed some in CS2 and can do it in CS3. But I have found it is easier and more personal if you do it with a "photo" pen. I completely quit having a 'photoshop' name on the photo. I know this doesn't really answer your question but does give you a different perspective.
    EricL

By photo pen, do you mean the ones to sign a real printed out pic, and then scanning in or is there such a thing as a photo pen that hooks to say a USB port for Elements?

what you do is draw your signature however (pen or mouse or whatever) in elements then highlight it with a marque tool and copy it then paste it to your immage
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaclean View Post
    By photo pen, do you mean the ones to sign a real printed out pic, and then scanning in or is there such a thing as a photo pen that hooks to say a USB port for Elements?
    No, I was talking about an actual pen that you can pick up at any hobby shop. Usually around 5 bucks.
    EricL

Customers want and ask for original signatures. Better off to sign them after they are printed with either a gold or silver "paint" pen.
    Tennessee

Thanks to all, appreciate the inputs.

I believe that he has asked about "how to sign photos before posting them," much like this one:

If that's the case, it's very easy to do with any photo editing software, including Photoshop Elements. Before you can do that, you have to "scale" the photo down to around 750 x 4 (something) pixels. Then add a frame (if you want). After that, look at all the fonts available in Elements, and select the one you like, in size 6 through 10. Then select the "Text" box of Elements, and click the mouse's pointer on the spot you want to write your name, followed by typing your name.

Now, click anywhere on the photo, and then look for "Save For Web" on the menu. In the Save for Web window, look for "Preset" and you will notice "JPEG" and then a box with "Low, Medium, High, and Highest". Select "Highest" for the best quality possible., and then click on the black arrow head to the right of the window and select "Optimize for file size," and then make the size "100K" or so, and click on "OK."

When you click the "OK" button, that will bring back to the window for saving the now "Web ready photo." Click on the "OK" button again to save it.

This photo will now be 100KB or smaller in size, but of excellent quality for viewing on the Internet, for e-mailing, etc., but not very good for printing, and not very good for another person to steal it, since enlarging it further will make it look quite grainy.
    -----------------
    If you e-mail the photo to somebody, it only takes a very short time, unlike a large photo.

For full quality photos that you are selling of giving away, then it's a good idea to do as others have told you above, for for Internet posting, this is one of the best ways to accomplish that.

If you want to prevent a full quality photo from being stolen, then you can use a "watermark." To understand what a watermark is, search for: "how to add a watermark to a photo" on the Internet. But again, it's a bad idea to post a high or full quality photo on the Internet, and most forums won't allow you to do that directly.

Ray, thanks, going to try to post results soon.

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Default WoWoW !!

Thanks for the info.. I learned a lot !!! (chuckle) !!