Thread: Kodiak Plane Crash

Default Kodiak Plane Crash

Servant Air dumped a Chieftain off the end of the Kodiak runway this afternoon. It was a charter to Homer. 10 POB, 5 fatalities.

There's as much news here as there is anywhere else so far.

Dang, i know those guys keep us posted on who the pilot was when you find out, and if he made it or not.
    My best go out to the families...sometimes alaska collects its dues.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Unhappy Tragic...

Very sad indeed. Prayers are going up for the survivors and families of the victims.

very sad. The last I heard 6 dead one of them being the pilot, no names yet, pending next of kin notification.
    Navajo's are great planes but it seems when one goes down they to like to take people with them.

Thanks for the update.
    Master guide 212

BrnBr, I heard Robin was the pilot and he didn't make it. The 9 passengers were Old Believers heading to Homer, probably going over for Russian Christmas on Monday. That community is pretty close knit so I assume it will hit them pretty hard.

I just got second hand word that he had taken off and was outbound when the cargo door popped open. He had turned back and was on final for an emergency landing when he lost it.

Default Sad to hear-

Hey do any of you folks over in Homer have a connection with these folks? If so, is there anything we can do to help out? I work with a large church here in Anchorage. Drop me a PM...

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Hate to see this stuff happen to small towns/ small town people, hopfully this will pull people together and build up the community to a support system thats there for those who are still here. Thanks for the updates, i did see the adn.com site story and video on it.
    Master guide 212

I remember about 19 years ago when ryan air crashed a plane going to homer from kodiak, My half brothers dad was on that plane needless to say he didn't make it they all died. reports say it went down because the cargo weight was incorrect and the load shifted. The weird thing is his dad sent him home from deer hunting on a flight 2 days before it happened after wanting to stay and hunt the extra days with his father. I know exactly what they will go through along with the heart broken feelings of this tragic event of loosing a loved one will come anger and the wrongfull death lawsuit.

yeah, the pilot was Robin Starrett. There was 7 deaths, the news is wrong.

Robin didnt make it, olny three made it. 6 died at the sene, 1 died at the hospital.