Thread: Alexander Creek - Lake to Mouth Of Little Su

Default Alexander Creek - Lake to Mouth Of Little Su

I just got a pack raft and my friend and I are planning on pack rafting the Alexander Lake to the mouth of Little Su. My family actually has a cabin a few miles from the mouth on the creek. Has anyone done this? If so, how long did it take and what time of the year did you do it? We are planning on flying to the lake early june, maybe late may. Also, is there any descent rainbow trout fishing off any of the side creeks?

I haven't done it, but I'm jealous, those pack rafts are awesome. If you would, send me a PM of where you got yours, with some specifics (i.e. price, etc)
    www.matsuexpeditions.com - Alaskan Wilderness Fishing & Rafting

Default Fun Float

I floated once in king season, pike in the lake and whole river, may have put a dent in the rainbows that were once there. Kings were almost non-existent last year also. Good float but I don't think the fishing is like it used to be.

BOB- is alexander creek clear water? wondering about bowfishing for pike there.
    Pat
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default 4 days

WAs comforatable for us. We had 7 people and 4 rafts. Took our time and enjoyed the quiet. We did have 2.5 hp motors to help out as the current is pretty slow alot of the time. It could have been a lot of work having to row the whole time. Fishing was between Kings and before Silvers, so the pike in the lake was the best fishing.
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Quote Originally Posted by AK NIMROD View Post
    BOB- is alexander creek clear water? wondering about bowfishing for pike there.
    Pat
    It's clear Pat, you should be able to spot them!

We floated it in a canoe, on account of as a kid I've towed too many dismal looking rafters that last 5-7 miles of slack water!

Of course, the pac rafts row easier them my 14 cat does!

As far as rainbows go... Bob's got it right... pike, pike, and more pike...

I wonder how long before the decimate the salmon fishery as well?

Default The Pike got most of the Rainbows

The biggest issue with salmon fishery on the Alexander is not the pike, but the ADF&G.

They allow the commercial fisherman to intercept most of the returns in the Susitna/Yentna Drainage.

If you don't think they get those fish, have them put their nets in the mouth of the rivers they want fish out of. and just see what that does for our return.