Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake (BRWNBR) gets some press!

Thumbs up Jake (BRWNBR) gets some press!

I saw the teaser in the ADN for a story about Jake's most recent Kodiak bear hunt in tomorrow's paper. I'm looking forward to reading it! It's always nice when one of our own gets some positive press.

Dang...one second too late for me. I just noticed it also. I also just got done sending his name to a guy I know that want's to book a hunt in the next couple years. Guess I will clip the article and send it to him.

Default Good on him!

Jake takes a bit of gruff from some of us once in awhile, guide threads etc.; great to hear he's gettin' some well earned props.

He not only sounds like a great guide, I know he's been darn reasonable compared to many...

Frank

Man you have no idea how much it cost me to get that peice published!! HA
    Craig Medred and I talked on the horn for a while, they've got some pics you've all seen. i'm not sure what he's excatly writing but it won't be wrote by channell 2 news, so that i'm thankfull for. Hopefully it all comes off shedding some decent light on what we do here in the hunting fraternity. If you don't like it, feel free to NOT pm me about it!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Talking

BRNBR,
    The best part about talking to the media is seeing how badly they butcher what you say. I don't think I've ever had a quote that was taken in context. Don't worry though I'm sure they do a fine job with your story.... LOL

Default Well deserved!

Jake,
    I have never met you but have read your posts over the years and always respect your thoughts and point of view.It seems like you make a living doing what you love but havent sold your soul doing it.
    I think we could do a lot worse having a "spokeseman". Whatever they say in the article tomorrow doesnt matter... those of us that really know you from the forum will understand and consider the source.

Good luck,
    Casey

haha thanks guys, i keep telling myself no matter what it won't be as bad as the katmai thread!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Wink

Jake:

Time to suck it up and accept the accolades. You deserve it.

kingfisherktn

Default Craig Did Ya Good Jake!!!!

Jake,

Great story to read. Even though things in the press are always not quite the same as what really happend I'm sure. But a good read nonetheless. Congrats on the bear!!! What a hog!!!

http://www.adn.com/outdoors/story/256356.html

Congrats! What did both of you shoot him with?

Ron

Great job Jake... two thumbs up. I can only imagine the chore of packing out the cape.

Craig did a nice job with the story. Surprised he didn't comment on the gangster hats. Congrats Jake!

Default Nice

Really nice brownie!! Supper job....totally impressed.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Gee whiz, based on the reader comments it looks like 90% of the people that read the paper are PETA members. I thought Portland was bad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpomazi View Post
    Gee whiz, based on the reader comments it looks like 90% of the people that read the paper are PETA members. I thought Portland was bad!!!
    Wow, spot on, Jpomazi.

I guess Anchorage is offically a PETA safe haven now, sheesh.
    We all know that the carcase didn't go to waste, as fox and other bears quickly utilized it.
    If those bleeding hearts witnessed that gigantic beast killing one out of every two bear cubs on film, perhaps they'd realize the need for hunting and balance in the wild.
    And "go home, Bwana" ?
    Ouch.
    The noose is ever tightening guys, and we only have each other.

Thumbs up Jake

Jake & J Pomazi,
    Neither of you know me & I really dont know you guys either. I follow the forum a bit & must say Jake you really seem to enjoy what you do & it seems you do it well! You both should pat yourselves on the back for doing what you love & having success with it. Plus you cant be all bad, I thought you where from Michigan. Once again you always seem very knowledable & helpfull so keep up the good work & congrats!!!!

Ok next year can you get me one a little bigger ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by jpomazi View Post
    Again, a fantastic brownie, but yeah, its too bad for all the negativity. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and PETA/far left is detinitely a squeaky wheel!

Great story! Congratulations on your big bear, and please don't keep us waiting! Tell us about guns and loads used by the client and you

Default Wasted Meat?

I think not, I have seen fox, Ravens and Eagles, up to 30-40 Eagles at a time devour a carcass in less than 3 days in Kodiak. Thye eat so much they can't even fly Congrats, on the great job and the service you gave your client. Also for saving severla cubs for the future!!!
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Default ADN isn't being bashed now <grin>

Nice piece my Medred, and glad to see Jake get some notice too. Well deserved. Sure wish Jake was around when it was time to haul my 190-pound outboard up the bank every fall <grin>. I figure you're good to go with forty more pounds than that hide, Jake...I just need to make a proper frame to get it on your back! Good job, really, all kidding aside.
    Best,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast