Thread: yukon river

Default yukon river

Hello.Can anyone tell me how crowded the Yukon River gets between Eagle and Circle during moose season.thank you.

Default Busy

From Eagle down to the Charley it is busy busy from Circle up the first 30 miles busy busy 150 plus miles of river between to the two you can find areas that will not have extreme boat traffic however anything close to either end and you will have more than your fare share of boats beside you.

Blue Moose

I FLOATED IT PROBABLY 20 YEARS AGO FEW OTHERS ON THE RIVER SAW NO MOOSE AND 2 BLACK BEAR.ONE OTHER GROUP SHOT A MOOSE WHERE WE WERE GOING TO CAMP JUST AS WE ARRIVED THEY PADDLED PAST US IN A CANOE
    VERY SLOW FLOAT SEEMED AS IF WIND PUSHED US UP STREAM AT TIMES SPENT VERY LITTLE TIME HUNTING AS WE NEEDED TO FLOAT MOST OF DAY TO GET TO CIRCLE BY A CERTAIN DAY.
    LOGISTICALLY A NIGHTMARE TO GET DROPPED OFF WITH GEAR IN EAGLE AND GET VEHICLE TO CIRCLE AND GET THOSE GUYS TO EAGLE TO JOIN US.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default slight mileage correction for Bluemoose <grin>

It is approx 160 river-miles between Eagle and Circle. From Eagle to Charley River, it is 90 river miles. That leaves 70 miles left to go to Circle, so if it is busy busy 30 miles up from Circle, that would leave about 40 miles where it is technically not so busy. Sorry, Bluemoose, couldn't resist getting the actual mileage in there <grin>.

Anyway, Hillbilly46, you ain't gonna be out there alone, that's for sure!

Default LOL

Was going to use 157 miles but that was like saying it is 58 degrees out side instead of 55-60 :-) LOL.

Yep Busy Busy! NO not the Wind again I want to go down stream not back up! I need a motor I need a motor I need a motor! Darn Rafts Anwyway!

I paid for this trip what was I thinking! Hey buddy you just got two extra days for free!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

lol,thanks guys.guess i'll look around a little more