Thread: trailer question?

Default trailer question?

hi!..is there a big difference betwwen and EZ loader trailer and a shorelandr?...say, their ones for 1200 lb rating for a 16 footer open boot?....how would you guys in the know compare the quality of each?...thanks larry

I have some experience working in a custom boat and trailer fab shop. Most of the trailer repairs that came in were EZ Loaders. Most of the boat hull damage repairs that came in were directly attributed to the poor design of the roller system on EZ Loaders.

I don't recall seeing a single Shoreland'r trailer come in broken. And they offer a factory bunk design, which is far and above the best thing for your boat.

I've known a few who have run EZ Loaders just fine and some who took the rollers off and replaced them with full length bunk boards. After that they never had a problem with the hull supports. It does have a lot to do with your load, road surface and towing conditions, and just how well you take care of your equipment.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

thanks, nice to know!..i just asked my buddy what new trailer he got with his legend 18 footer..it came with a shorland'r, and said he loved it, but has only used it once...favoured it over the rollers he had with his last boat!!..boy, was that thing a pain in the butt!...also, the quote i got for an EZ is a "bit" higher! hmmm?...thanks for the info! larry

Anchorage only because that's where the work is

Default Trailers

There are alot of trailers on the road that are at maximum or over loaded,be sure to get one that is rated for about 15% more weight than your boat with every you want in it when on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ACBMAN View Post
    There are alot of trailers on the road that are at maximum or over loaded,.

good advice...knowing me, it will be max!

no experience with shorelander I have e-z loader (over 5 years) , no rollers has full length bunk boards . it has done well in 5-6 trips(2200-2500miles RT) up haul road ( 400 miles of dirt and pot holes....each way)to hunt caribou. plus brought it up alcan when i first got it. have destroyed two spare tire holders and lost brand new spare on one. my boat weighs 1400lbs and i know i'm guilty of overloading the boat when making these trips. usually carry 30 gal of fuel to fairbanks and add 40-50 there ...before getting on dirt road. that has got to be 500 lbs plus 1-2 truck spares and 2 trailer spares plus other stuff ( tools , batteries, generator)
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER