Thread: predator call sound

Default predator call sound

I've won a call in an auction from a custom call maker and I have the choice of sounds between cottontail or jackrabbit in distress. My question is, what would more closely resemble a snowshoe, or does it even matter? I'm planning on targeting fox.
    Thanks.

My vote would be for the cottontail. It should give you the higher pitch whine of a snowshoe where the jackrabbit is, well, lower in pitch and raspy.

Go with the cotton bunny. High pitched is good, plus if ya can trill, you can gets some mean bird in distress sounds out of it.

What kind of custom call did ya win, or should I say who was the maker?

Default Or you can..

go to this link and listen to the different sounds.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS3q8uDeTe8

but this will be the one to listen too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM98lrMPKhM

Thanks guys,
    I like to visit the site predator masters. If your unfamiliar with their site, in their forums they have a custom call makers section. Every now and again some of the makers place a call up for auction. Some of those are real pieces of art. The ones I like are those that look good but are meant to go hunting.

Another awesome site for free predator hunting sounds in mp3 quality is VarmintAl.com. The sound files he has on his site under the coyote hunting section are meant for copying for use in your own e caller. There are even instructions for building a cheap but very effective e caller on the site using parts from your local Radio Shack. The guy is top notch and knows his stuff!!

Leroy,

You tell Bill Grove to tune it up for you real good like.

I actually have a Sceery APS-5 snowshoe hare call and a Johnny Stewart cassette.
    Now what ?