Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 20A Antlerless Moose RM764

  1. #1
    Member tonyjoe54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Point, NY
    Posts
    59

    Question 20A Antlerless Moose RM764

    I am looking to go out and get a moose within either Zone 4 or Zone 5 in the next couple of weeks. I am curious about the condition of the Rex Trail to get into Zone 4. Another option I have is crossing the river and going into Zone 5 near Lost Lake. Does anyone know if the ice is thick enough to cross yet and where would be a good place to cross. I will be on 4 wheeler but have the possibility of getting a snow mobile if needed. I would prefer to do it on my wheeler though. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    TonyJoe

  2. #2
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    http://www.forums.outdoorsdirectory....ad.php?t=22971

    http://www.forums.outdoorsdirectory....ad.php?t=21881

    Do a search these are just the two threads on this subject from the 1st page! Lots of info going back YEARS. Good luck

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    424

    Default

    tonyjoe,
    I was out scouting the area near lost lake last friday and it didnt take long to turn around and come home. That area of the tannana is still rolling really good, there is about a 100ft or more section still gushing pretty fast preventing getting across. I talked to some locals on the way back and they said there is a guy that lives across there and they havent seen him yet this year because he cant get across. I think we still have alot of time in order to get across the lost lake area.

  4. #4
    Member tonyjoe54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Point, NY
    Posts
    59

    Default

    bowtechshooter,

    Thanks for the update. I was afraid of that happening. I got lucky though and had a buddy who sat outside the fish and game for 12 hours waiting on a Minto Moose permit so I will help him get that next weekend and share some meat. Hopefully the river will freeze by the end of Feb so I can make it out and get my moose south of the river. I will post picks of our hunt when we get back.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •