Thread: 20A Antlerless Moose RM764

Question 20A Antlerless Moose RM764

I am looking to go out and get a moose within either Zone 4 or Zone 5 in the next couple of weeks. I am curious about the condition of the Rex Trail to get into Zone 4. Another option I have is crossing the river and going into Zone 5 near Lost Lake. Does anyone know if the ice is thick enough to cross yet and where would be a good place to cross. I will be on 4 wheeler but have the possibility of getting a snow mobile if needed. I would prefer to do it on my wheeler though. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TonyJoe

http://www.forums.outdoorsdirectory....ad.php?t=22971

http://www.forums.outdoorsdirectory....ad.php?t=21881

Do a search these are just the two threads on this subject from the 1st page! Lots of info going back YEARS. Good luck

tonyjoe,
    I was out scouting the area near lost lake last friday and it didnt take long to turn around and come home. That area of the tannana is still rolling really good, there is about a 100ft or more section still gushing pretty fast preventing getting across. I talked to some locals on the way back and they said there is a guy that lives across there and they havent seen him yet this year because he cant get across. I think we still have alot of time in order to get across the lost lake area.

bowtechshooter,

Thanks for the update. I was afraid of that happening. I got lucky though and had a buddy who sat outside the fish and game for 12 hours waiting on a Minto Moose permit so I will help him get that next weekend and share some meat. Hopefully the river will freeze by the end of Feb so I can make it out and get my moose south of the river. I will post picks of our hunt when we get back.