Thread: Shulin Lake\Peter's Creek area

Default Shulin Lake\Peter's Creek area

Yippie, I'm coming back to Alaska again. I'll be doing a combo fish (Peter's creek) bear hunt (Shulin Lake). Anyone do any of this last spring or any other time. I hear both fishing and hunting should be phenominal around June 16th. We will have 6 guys with 3-4 baits. Any stories, advise, equipment, etc is most welcome. Mostly just looking to get "more" excited about it.

Thanks,

The duck!

June 16th is getting a little late for a prime black bear hide, you might want to look closely for rubs.

Default Shulin

Also typically the creek itself will be pretty dirty that time of year depending on this years snowpack. Good thing about Peters creek is it will clear up quick if the weather is on your side. There are no shortage of bears there either. Have fun.
    Last edited by whitepalm; 01-04-2008 at 13:12. Reason: more info

Will do on looking for the rubs, good to hear lots of bears. I heard they are typically smaller ones there, not that it makes much diff to me. A bear rug is a bear rug is.....Thanks for the feedback any more certainly welcome.

Duck

Baiting closes there on June 15. You cannot help maintain the bait if you haven't taken the class and registered the bait, but you can hunt off of it.

Go a little earlier and have fun

There will be assistent guides there to maintain the bait, does that sound right?

Just checked with the guide and he said it's baitable til the 30th. Thanks for the heads up, important information.

Talking Go Big !!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Duck,

Hold out for a HUGE bruin big enough that after you shoot him as he's charging you, you will have to change your drawers !

Anything less will be unacceptable ! lol

I'm pretty sure it closes on the 15th,unless they changed the law for this comming season.....double check the game laws

Shulin Lake and Peter's Creek are in Unit 16A. 16A generally closes June 15 for baiting. However, there are liberalized hunting areas that are in that same area that are open until June 30.