Thread: flies for mid to late August

Default flies for mid to late August

I was hoping to get a short list 10-12 flies I better not be without if fishing the Keni to the Parks in August.
    So far I figure:
    Fusia & Chart. bunny leeches
    Olive & Blk Woolly Buggers
    Battle Creek Bunny
    Eggs / beads
    Popciles
    sculpins
    Elk Caddis

Anything else!?
    thanks for the input

Make sure and include some weighted flies in most the varieties you listed. Although water should be low by then you never know, especially given this summer's character. Also, articulating flesh, muddler and large muddler/sculpin mixed patterns work great (that's flies with two separate sections). Used these up at Lake Creek this last week and just killed it - over forty fish on the same fly, and I still have it. Those articluating flies were weighted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AKUNITED
    Make sure and include some weighted flies in most the varieties you listed. Although water should be low by then you never know, especially given this summer's character. Also, articulating flesh, muddler and large muddler/sculpin mixed patterns work great (that's flies with two separate sections). Used these up at Lake Creek this last week and just killed it - over forty fish on the same fly, and I still have it. Those articluating flies were weighted as well.
    thanks! do you know were i can find a recipy for those muddler/scuplin patterns?

Don't forget the mighty Zug Bug!!!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK