Thread: Homer Winter King Report

Default Homer Winter King Report

Fished the Pogi side today.A little on the rough side but thats winter fishing.Landed 4 out of 7,with weights 10 to 18#s.Heard of two 30#s picked up yesterday.YUM

Thanks for the update fishon. I should have my boat back together (rebuilt motor/outdrive, new fuel tank, rebuilt outdrive lift, etc, etc) in another month. Thinking about a couple of shakedown cruises out of Homer prior to the Derby. Will be hitting you up for updates prior to the Derby.

Any time Bush Boy.I`ve chosen to leave mine in for the winter to stay on the pulse of things and keep my fingers crossed we do`nt have another freeze in like last winter.

Thanks fishon,
    I would appreciate that. Wish I didn't have my boat in our shop for a couple of months and many $$$ but it's all good. Look forward to getting back on the water and getting some payback from the seas. What kind of boat are you fishing from - I have a 24' Trophy.

dave

When is the winter derby this year?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Derby is set for march 22nd or 23rd to roll over the following weekend if weathered out.

Was it last year that the harbor froze up so much that the derby was postponed?

Yes,last year the far end froze up 10 inches thick.On a normal year we remain relatively ice free.So far so good.

Default Derby

Bushboy, you should just give me your $100 entry fee and save yourself the drive down. No need to spend all day beating the seas when I'm going to win any way. It'll save you at leat $200 in fuel and hotel.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 4whlr View Post
    Bushboy, you should just give me your $100 entry fee and save yourself the drive down. No need to spend all day beating the seas when I'm going to win any way. It'll save you at leat $200 in fuel and hotel.. LOL
    I planned on stealing the entry fee from you, siphoning the gas I need from your boat, sleeping in your camper while you're broke down on the water AND charging you when I tow you back to Homer AFTER the derby is over!!! (Along with entering any fish you caught prior to the end of the derby)!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    I planned on stealing the entry fee from you, siphoning the gas I need from your boat, sleeping in your camper while you're broke down on the water AND charging you when I tow you back to Homer AFTER the derby is over!!! (Along with entering any fish you caught prior to the end of the derby)!!!!!
    Sounds premeditated to me! He's thought this through! Watch out!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Default Bushboy

Bushboy,
    Did I mention that I got a new boat? It's a 24' Hewescraft with twin Yamaha 115's. It'll be parked on the East side of the Homer Harbour. Take all the gas you want...

Talking

4whlr,
    I think I'll be taking your gas before you even leave Anch - you will never even notice!! Maybe the Jedi Master Salmon Slayer can help me out with this?? I have been seeking the council of the Dark Side regarding this trip. Anyway I WILL BE SLEEPING IN YOUR CAMPER WHILE YOU ARE BROKE DOWN ON THE WATER!!! Just picked up my new motor, outdrive, etc and will be installing the next 2 weekends. Will see you during the side betting ( if I get back from Dutch Harbor in time).