Thread: Help Anyone

Default Help Anyone

All will be over in July for 3 weeks but will be based around the Soldotna area I need to know if there is anyplace i could pick up a 70-200mm IS L Canon job ....price in the UK far greater than in the USA.

Will only be in the Anchorage area for 1 day so would really help if someone could point me in the direction of a Mall/Shop who would have one

cheers

Stewarts Photo in downtown Anchorage should be able to help out. It is on 4th Avenue. It is about the only place I can think of that carry any inventory of quality glass.
    EricL

Go to craigslist.com and place an ad in the wanted section. You might get a good deal on a used one from someone who has gone digital.

Definitely Stewart's Photo. If you're only here for one day, I'm not sure you'd want to deal with a used lens off of Craigslist and the potential for problems.

Order the lens from B&H yourself and have it delivered to a friends house in Alaska so it is here when you arrive.
    Tennessee

Default lens...

Can you not mail order from B&H? I suppose not or you would not be asking this. There is a Ritz/Wolf camera shop at the Dimond Center (mall) in Anchorage. They may have it or you could special order it and have them hold it awaiting your arrival. Or as the other comment was, if it is an option have it mailed to your buddy's house in Alaska. But I must say again, if you can order from B&H, it would be my suggestion. Best selection and prices I know of. They have the Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8 for 795 pounds.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...8L_IS_USM.html
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I would definitely use Stewart's Photo in downtown Anchorage. You'll be able to walk there if staying in one of the local downtown hotels. Give them a call at (907)277-0981 with enough time before your visit so they can order one, if not in stock, and have it waiting for you.

Stewart's Photo in downtown Anchorage

Anyone have a e-mail address or web site

Default A google search of Stewart's Photo

Quote Originally Posted by AkSKeyMoe View Post

Big Thanks for the help ...have just mailed them will wait and see what pops back in the mail box

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by superscot View Post
    Big Thanks for the help ...have just mailed them will wait and see what pops back in the mail box

cheers
    Your welcome and good luck in finding the lens you want. Somebody suggested that a friend get it for you from bhvideophoto.com or elsewhere, it would be a lot cheaper than buying it in AK.

Default If you can't

get one. Post again and one of us would probably be able to. B+H really scrutinizes shipping to addresses that aren't the billing add.