Thread: Springfield XD .45....

Default Springfield XD .45....

I bought one last week, and love it. For the price, it's an excellent shooter. I bought the 4" service model. For a relatively small, lightweight polymer chambered in .45 ACP, it has very manageable recoil. My 120 LB wife who rarely fires any weapon even likes it. I might have to buy another one for her. All it needs is some decent night sights, like trijicon, etc. and a better holster. I dislike the plastic "XD gear" holster that came with it, so I ordered a Don Hume.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    I bought one last week, and love it. For the price, it's an excellent shooter. I bought the 4" service model. For a relatively small, lightweight polymer chambered in .45 ACP, it has very manageable recoil. My 120 LB wife who rarely fires any weapon even likes it. I might have to buy another one for her. All it needs is some decent night sights, like trijicon, etc. and a better holster. I dislike the plastic "XD gear" holster that came with it, so I ordered a Don Hume.

Hi there,

I also purchased the XD .45 ACP and found it to be an excellent weapon..and, of course reasonable accurate.

Regards

I agree on the accuracy as well. I have no trouble hitting what I'm aiming at, and once my wife got over her recoil fear, she was shooting very accurately as well. I read somewhere that women are sometimes more accurate with hanguns than men. Something about being more steady or something. My wife lends credence to that statement. For a beginning shooter (this is only the second handgun she's ever fired, the first was a 9 mil many years ago) she was very accurate, consistently.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.