Thread: My son's first ride on the Knik trail.

Default My son's first ride on the Knik trail.

After riding out to the Knik glacier twice with BigHinER and Pete, I couldn't get enough. I felt my son needed to see it too so I loaded up the wheelers and took him out today. The sun peeked out and made for some beautiful pics. Timothy's Grizzly 80 rides right along on top of the snow drifts, and if we hadn't turned around after five miles because he was getting too cold, he might have made it almost all the way to the glacier. Overall it was a great day wheeling with my son. Here are a few pics:

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Very cool, couldnt ask for a better day!

Awesome picks, and it looks like you guys had a blast. You must have been a proud dad. I'm no helmet thumper but I'm glad to see other's children wear helmet too.

I hope I have similar pictures of my daughter in a couple of years.

That is to cool!!

Thanks, ya'll! Timothy was so excited the night before he could hardly sleep. We might have gone farther if it weren't for his cold fingers. I wonder if I could get heated grips for his machine....

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

If it's got lights you can very well hook up hotgrips...those wind/brush deflectors really help too.

It looks like it's got lights but those are just stickers/reflectors. For some reason most manufacturers don't put lights on kids machines. I guess they don't want to encourage night riding for the younguns. I read somewhere that there is an aftermarket kit to install lights on them though - might have to do some more research on that. I'm just wondering if it will put out enough voltage to run the lights and grips.

Default great

Very nice pics. I would use a windshield, too. But when it gets dusty take it off as the dust sits in the slipstream. Nice bikes.