Thread: S&W value??

Default S&W value??

S&W has made some very nice revolvers, and even some pretty dang good pistols, too. They have made a few in years past that were very unique and only in limited quantity. One such gun is an N frame, six shot, 3 in barreled, model in my beloved 44 special. The model 24. These were made at the request of a major S&W distributer by the name of Lew Horton in or about 1982-1983. A limited number of them were made, though I don't know what the quantity was.

My question is; If a guy was to find one of these for sale, in pristine all original condition, what would it be worth? I know there are few S&W aficionados (or is that armadillos) here on this forum and was wondering what they think of this little treasure. Your opinion would be very much appreciated. Thanks and.....
    Good shootin'.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default Pricey Murphy!

YOU MUST HAVE AN ACCOUNT
    TO SEE LARGER PICTURE
    Login \ Register

S&W Model 24-3 3" Free Shipping GA LISTING NUMBER 976824269 SELLER STOCK #
    CATEGORY Smith & Wesson Revolvers MANUFACTURER Smith And Wesson CONDITION Used, As New.

Price: $899.00

SALE PENDING>>DAVE>>Smith & Wesson Model 24-3 3 44 Special, Round Butt, Red Ramp with white outline rear site, Strong Case colors, 1 of 1000 Lew Hortons produced 1984-85. I rate this at 97% overall showing high edge wear and cylinder ring. No box or manuals. Serial AEJ1872 This gun is pre Lawyer lock! $899 Additional photos available, Price includes S/H/I to your FFL, Thanks for looking

Murphy,
    These guys should know:
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/
    Tennessee

Default It's only money......

Thanks guys, that's about the going rate it seems. I have heard that there were about 1000 of these ordered by Horton in early eighties. If that's so the $800-$900 price isn't too bad for a really nice one. I guess I've found my birthday present. Thanks again.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?