Thread: It's a sad day when....

Unhappy It's a sad day when....

......you actually set up a ground blind in front of your television and watch a bear hunting video from inside....just sad....not that I did that or anything.

3 1/2 months to go......

Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    ......you actually set up a ground blind in front of your television and watch a bear hunting video from inside....just sad....not that I did that or anything.

3 1/2 months to go......
    Not too sad. My daughter and I regularly cast fishing poles down the hallway in our house just for fun. We also set the tent up inside the house on occasion to play camping. And I shoot my bow in the back yard as often as I can. Boy, winters sure are long around these parts.

AK145

Winter is my busy time of year, I get the honey do list done, tie a years worth of flies, and shoot the bow at least 15 minutes every day. When spring arrives all I have too do is head out and start having fun. Branch out a little more add ice fishing and small game hunting too your list of dark days activities and winter will be much easier too deal with. It's been a great winter too be outside so far, get out and enjoy it!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    AK145

Winter is my busy time of year, I get the honey do list done, tie a years worth of flies, and shoot the bow at least 15 minutes every day. When spring arrives all I have too do is head out and start having fun. Branch out a little more add ice fishing and small game hunting too your list of dark days activities and winter will be much easier too deal with. It's been a great winter too be outside so far, get out and enjoy it!

Oh yea...I'm with you! I stay busy with kids, work and get outside when I can for sure. But we just have too much fun during the spring every year! It's just about this time of year every year I start to get a bit ancy!

Oh yea...I'm with you! I stay busy with kids, work and get outside when I can for sure. But we just have too much fun during the spring every year! It's just about this time of year every year I start to get a bit ancy!
    I don't usually start getting spring fever till march about the time everything turns too mud and ice I've had enough. What kills me is the time between breakup and the first king runs! This year chasing bears will help but being on the cusp of spring and the anticipation of summer activities drives me nuts.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I'll trapping mink otters and wolves and carrying my bow should a hooter come around until a bear shows himself in which case I'll probably be steelhead fishing.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I think that that is O.K. it is when you set up a bait station in the living room before watching the video that you might get yourself into some trouble

Quote Originally Posted by moose-head View Post
    I think that that is O.K. it is when you set up a bait station in the living room before watching the video that you might get yourself into some trouble

Well..hmmmm..does positioning the t.v. for a good shot angle qualify?

does setting up a decoy spread in your living room, building a blind behind your couch, getting your waders on, dressing your dog up in his neoprene vest, and watching duck hunting shows count.
    not that I did that or anything either.

Default my daughter hates it

Every time I go to get a duck hunting video out my daughter starts screaming at me. I just don't get it. What could possibly be wrong with watching duck hunting and blowing a call at the same time?
    I think she may be the one that keeps hiding the video and remotes on me.