Thread: Cz 75

Default Cz 75

I am considering purchasing one of these in 40 S&W for plinking and range fun.
    Can anyone offer any feedback on their accuracy and reliability?
    Tennessee

I dont have any personall experience yet with one of these but hope to sometime soon.

Everything I have ever heard or read about them says they are a fine gun, known to be very accurate and reliable.

Lots of people say they are true "sleepers"

Everytime I have had the money to buy one, I cant seem to find one.

Default 9mm

Never shot one in 40 cal. but all the CZ-75's I've shot in 9mm were extremely accurate and reliable. In the late 80's and early 90's they were far more expensive than at present and much-much harder to come by. As with most automatics, factory mags tend to function better than after market mags (most malfunctions are due to bad mags).
    CZ's being European like hotter ammo.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

I carry the cz75 (9mm) as my standard carry gun. Have never had a prob. with it, reload for it and have put 5 or 6k thru it. Couple times I have been stopped at night and I tell the LEO's I have a loaded handgun and a Current Valid CCW, they check the pistol out. We wind up discussing how comfortble it is ETC... I reload for it and my wife and I both shoot it. The 40 cal I had was an EAA, which is a copy from CZ, sweet shooting gun, then got STUPID and decided to trade it.

Gun Runner

CZ 75s are great handguns. They're extremely accurate and reliable. They're known for being an incredible value.

I've got a CZ P-01 (75 based compact framed 9mm). I like everything about it. It hasn't jammed once with over 500 rounds of various types of ammo down the pipe.

Google "CZ P-01 NATO Torture Test" for a good read on just how reliable these fine autos are.

Default as my name may imply...

... I love CZ firearms. They truly are some of the best out there as far as value, ergos, reliability and accuracy for the money. They are generally far more accurate than the shooter but some of us can actually shoot instead of just burn ammo. I don't belong to that group yet

I have a few of them now and I actually sold a gock 22 and a beretta 92 to buy two of them. I don't regret it one bit.

If you are looking for a ton of info czech out www.czforum.com and www.czshooters.com. You will find everything you ever wanted to know and more.

The 9mm variants of the CZ's tend to be a little more realiable than the 40's but there are tons of CZ 40's out there that work great. CZ is also the most cloned handgun in the world. Sphinx, Witness (EAA, Tanfoglio) and Baby Eagle all clone the ergos and much of the inner workings of CZ handguns.

If you would like more info you may PM me or just czech out the above links.

Default CZ 75 40 cal

I had one of these years ago but have since sold it to a good friend, Great gun. The accuracy was good with all types of ammo and I never had a malfuntion of any kind, those things are built like a tank!!!! IT wouldn't make a good concealed carry gun due to it's weight but then again if you ran out of ammo you could use it for a club or as a hammer, I would recommend......................

Excellent firearms. They feel great, shoot very accurately, and are very reliable. Don't let the price fool you.... they are very good quality and a great bang for your buck.
    Hunting, camping & shooting goodies. http://www.laksupply.com

I bought a CZ-75 in Europe while I was stationed there in the late 80s early 90s. I picked it up in 1992 for $258. I put over 30,000 rounds of 9mm through it in the 6 or 7 years that I owned it. Only malfunction I had was when I wore out the magazine catch it started dropping mags at the first shot. Replaced the worn part and it functioned flawlessly until I sold it. It held 2" groups at 25yds from sandbags as long as I owned it.

Default late 80s

I bought one in the late 80s in 9mm. It was a Chech made CZ and was very reliable, accurate and durable. I can't speak for the American made CZs, but I am sure the quality is probably better than the Chech guns. As with all eastern block firearms, the CZs were built to be dependable under the most extreme conditions and the original CZs were just that. I did find that replacing the standard barrel with the stainless, chrome lined barrel made the pistol more accurate but the factory barrel was accurate enough for close range defensive or combat shooting. I preferred my CZ over the Beretta M9 as my combat side arm and used the CZ at the qualification range for my military handgun qualification. I wish I had never got rid of the CZ.

so, in the army, im assuming this is what branch you were in elkhunter, you could just use whatever side arm you wanted? What was the deal with that? You could use whatever as long as you paid for it?

Did the same go with rifles?

I was in the Navy and all we could use were the M9's and whatever else we were issued.