Here is a brief report for any that might want to know about hunting in and around Appleton Cove...

The Cabin was spacious and great for the most part, but the diesel stove was prone to moisture and we had to drain all the lines to get it to function right. There are four bunks but you could fit quite a few people on the floor if you wanted to. The mooring is great but be sure to either maintain a strict watch on your skiff or plan on it beeing hig and dry. The tide change is extreme and once it becomes dry it is quite rocky. As for deer, there was quite a healthy population and we saw many, but we were forced to take mostly bucks due to the closure of does on the 14th that went into effect 2 days into the hunt (2 Does, 4 Bucks). I was really surprised to see alot of horns this late in the season. We did have to to get really high up to get them, but the old logging roads and an ATV made the trip up easy. Additionally there are alot of marked trails shooting off of the logging roads and up the side of the mountain that were pretty nice to hump up. As for varmits I wish we had brought traps because of the high amount of martin coming after our hanging deer. We could have subsidized most of the hunt with pelts alone. Aside from all that we went across the channel to shrimp and with three pulls of a 20 pot set we came out with 52 quart sized bags of tails. The beach was great for clamming but we did find quite alot of baby goey ducks mixed in with steamers and cockels. Crabbing believe it or not was actually great just 50-100 yards north of the mooring bouy, unfortunately we found this out the last night we were there. All in all the trip was aweome and I hope to return next year around the same time.

I hope this helps anyone in the future...