Thread: Airframes Inc

Default Airframes Inc

I was on Supercub.org the other day and saw that Airframes Inc. had sold the PA-18 portion of the business. Anyone have any info on this.

They sold the Supercub part of the business to Northern Piper, the local Dakota Cub affiliate. Northern Piper recently purchased the former Talon Industries hangar at Birchwood and plans to produce Supercub components in that facility from what I've heard.

Are they still going to be in business in some form? I was under the impression that the pA-18 was their bread and butter. The website only shows the Cessna axles as their only other product. I wonder if the Univair-Atlee merg hurt their business?

I have no idea what Airframes Inc.'s future plans are. From the Dakota Cub side the acquisition of Airframes' Supercub manufacturing capabilities makes sense for their planned Super 18 production. This gives them manufacturing capabilities for almost everything important to the airplane. Now we'll just have to watch and see if they can sell new airplanes. CubCrafters seems to be happy in the LSA market, so maybe the Super 18 will find a niche.

Thanks, was just startled to hear about Airframes as they seemed to really have a niche and no one I have spoken to seems to know anything about it. Not much being said on Super Cub.org either. At least the last time I was there.

Default Engine Baffles

Airframes Inc. is now called Air Forms and manufactures engine baffles. http://www.enginebaffles.com/catalog/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    I have no idea what Airframes Inc.'s future plans are. From the Dakota Cub side the acquisition of Airframes' Supercub manufacturing capabilities makes sense for their planned Super 18 production. This gives them manufacturing capabilities for almost everything important to the airplane. Now we'll just have to watch and see if they can sell new airplanes. CubCrafters seems to be happy in the LSA market, so maybe the Super 18 will find a niche.
    I doubt that they will find a lot of business for the Super 18. That market is already saturated. Just look at how many Cubs are for sale, and not selling. I think they are doing well in the area of rebuilding and parts making (from what I gather).

My neighbor who is also a pilot and is usually right up on things told me two days ago that the financial backing for Dakota cub at Birchwood was gone and that they were just finishing up the ones they had already started with a reduced labor force.

Default Airframes is up and running fine

I noticed your posting and wanted to clairify things. Airframes Alaska is under new ownership and is doing well. Additionally, next door to them is Alaska Custom Cub (which I own) and it is doing well also. Go check out the web sites www.airframesalaska.com and www.alaskacustomcub.com
    The service is even better now. Airframes builds the parts and ACC is a full service maintenance facility.

I just wanted everyone to know that they can still get anything they need at Airframes Alaska.

John Buller
    Alaska Custom Cub