Thread: A New Gun Made In The Usa

Default A New Gun Made In The USA

I was in MVS today and a guy told me about the new marlin bolt action rifle. I think they are going to be offered in 25-06, .270 and something else. It is called the XL-7. I think the picture showed a stainless with a camo synthetic stock. I just looked at the marlin website and there in not much info on them. A brief description pops and says it has a pro trigger system. Looks like the savage accutrigger kinda. The guy at MVS said it supposed to be $325 new. Their website shows a gun briefly but it blued with the camo stock. So hopefully in the new year there will be more info. Just wondering if you guys know more about it.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 12-31-2007 at 10:58. Reason: Spelling

welfare state of Alaska

Default New Marlin XL7

Do a search on the web- lots of information including pictures, specs, pricing etc.

If it competes with the Remington line AND Remington is indeed buying Marlin it won't be on the market very long!

Default New Marlin

I have a friend who works for a wholesaler. He said they are supposed to be very accurate out of the box. They have a barrel nut like Savages which should allow you to change your own barrel, if you have a barrel wrench and head space gages. The magazine is a blind magazine so it only loads from the top. The factory rep said they sent one to a gun writer that shot 1/2" out of the box, and he was allowed to use a less accurate one. It only shot 5/8" out of the box. Supposedly Marlin hired ex Savage and Remington engineers to colaborate with Marlin engineers to create an accurate rifle that has a low price tag. I think they also have it in 30-06. They will start with long actions. If it is successful they will add short actions later.