Thread: anybody know of a place that fixes ice augers?

Default anybody know of a place that fixes ice augers?

we went to finger lake today and had a good day on the ice until my auger fell over and broke. the plastic that is on the side that has the power switch and the choke lever busted off. i thought it was cosmetic but i started it up after it fell and i found out that it is stuck on full throttle. so if anybody has any info on someplace that fixes augers i would greatly appreciate it. thanks!

I know this doesnt help you out any because your in anchorage but for other forum members in the interior check out rods saw shop in fairbanks...

Theres a place on 76th near king street.I forgot the name ,but thats where my brother took his.I believe its next to Cash's welding.

I know when I broke some parts in the recoil I just took it to a shop that fixed lawn mowers they should be able to order the parts and fix it. It is just another small engine to them.
    Good Luck

If your auger has a Techumseh engine, which is usually the most used for power heads all you have to do is click on this link http://www.tecumsehpower.com/framese...ator/index.php for an authorized dealer.

the plastic parts are the worst for the cold up here. Just try and baby it if you can when transporting or moving it around on the ice.