Thread: Win 70 value

Default Win 70 value

How much is late production, pre-64 style extractor, stainless 375 H&H Win 70 in excellent condition worth, found one for sale, Thanks.

Depends..........several months ago they were commanding top dollar. Now they seem to be sliding down in price. Found one at Cabela's gun room with a scope on it for $700 and change. This was a steal and it was picked up fast by someone but I think since Win announced they were remaking the Model 70 they are currently selling for average prices.
    Tennessee

Agree, they won't command the same price or attention again. I think we will see a bunch of hoarded 70s hit the market once the new ones start getting cranked out, especially if they get good initial reviews. Just like anything Win 70s are only worth what someone is willing to pay and whatever the market will bear.

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

Default New Model 70s

I recently had a chance to talk to the factory rep and look at the new Winchester catalog for 2008.

Besides the hammer forged barrel and trigger changes the most noticeable change is the absence of any of the long magnum calibers. Unfortuanely the rep did not know if the action lenght had reverted back to the pre-64 length or if the longer classic length was retained. With the popularity of the new short fat magnum calibers the long action may no longer be worth manufacturing.

If the new guns aren't going to be made with the long action then the older classics with the long actions suitable for the .300 H&H length cartridges will still be in demand.

Anyone going to the SHOT show next month?

Default 2008 Winchester Repeating Arms online catalog!!!

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodin...y.asp?cat=001C

Looks like four basic models, to me. Biggest round in three of the models is the 325, to get a .338, you have to pop for the Super Grade. Maybe things will change, or I misread things. Take a look, see what you think. They also mentioned a change to the trigger. Bad JuJu!!!