Thread: To the Mods

Default To the Mods

In light of all the posts lately about guide usage/overusage, BOG proposels,discussions back & forth concerning f&g needs, tag increases, game populations, res/non res hunting regulation, wouldnt these be more suited for the ALASKA GAME MANAGEMENT FORUM ? I dont know if its just me but they really seem to bring out the emotions of everyone. I understand the importance of the issues but they sure clog up the hunting forum, maybe its just me as there is a lot of involvement here on these topics.

I will add that some of it really surprizes me as I have been coming up for the last few years & everyone I have met is always wonderfull. I mean I have never been anywhere where I have met such wonderfull people & to here all of the bias against not res hunters is well a little disheartning. Maybe its just cabin fever setting in but if I was reading some of these post for the first time I would think wow they must really dislike anyone not from Ak when that is just not what I experience when I am there.

ps: after writing this it dawned on me that this post may be in the wrong location as well. Oh well maybe it needs moved also?

Well about done with my rant but maybe some of this game management stuff can get moved & with any luck you wont scare any potential non res away as I am sure most the paying advertiser here are trying for our non res dollars as well as those from res.

AMEN!!! There is some good information being passed back and forth but I have seen a lot of legit hunting questions posted getting hijacked and leading into a political debate lately. I appreciate what everybody thinks but sometimes its just enough is enough, it's like watching the 24 hours news channel and it becomes the same story over and over but in different words. I know I don't post a lot here, one reason is because of fear that I may say something wrong or get misinterpreted and then all heck breaks loose with name calling and whatever. Anyway, cabin fever is setting in a. I know I've been a little jittery since I hardly did any hunting this year and I am pretty new to the state excited, but disappointed at the same time, but I'm learning.
    Well, sorry for the rant, inbetween flights right now at the Anchorage airport after flying all day and still not done after working all night.
    Happy New Years to all and my your hunting dreams be bright!

Talking The non-res

Non-res are welcome to come up and leave their money. Just don't spend it on hunting, our women or at our local watering holes Just trying to lighten it up a bit. There are a lot of touchy topics out there and I enjoy reading everyone's input. I just move on when they become repetitive. I've definitely learned a lot from many people on this site since I relocated up here a few years back. Thank you and have a great New Year's.

Default Just for informational purposes...

This is the "Alaska" Outdoor Forum...

I moved to Alaska for the hunting experience and life style; non-residents have the same option; if they choose not too then, they have or should have no say in our local or state issues.

In my opinion the forum is for Alaskans mainly, and non-residents are welcome to get information here, which 99.9% of us residents are willing to give out.

The forum owner may not have the same opinion, but I don't think the forum would survive without the alaskans that reside on this forum.

I believe the debate about BOD and guiding is needed.

Just my dollars worth.

Quote Originally Posted by calndux View Post

I moved to Alaska for the hunting experience and life style; non-residents have the same option; if they choose not too then, they have or should have no say in our local or state issues.

In my opinion the forum is for Alaskans mainly, and non-residents are welcome to get information here, which 99.9% of us residents are willing to give out.

The forum owner may not have the same opinion, but I don't think the forum would survive without the alaskans that reside on this forum.

Just my dollars worth.
    Very well said. Heres my suggestion ,how about we create a new topic in the forum menu titled "Non-Residents ask your questions here!" Geez.....

Default Threads moved...

The BOG thread was moved and we'll eyeball others which deal specifically with game management issues.

Thanks for the input guys (of any residence) and sorry for being asleep at the um..keyboard.

Frank

Default What we need is

more daylight, some fish to start running, the spring draw to come out, and the snow to fall off the trees up north so I can trap. ;D

Not pointing a finger at anyone. But when I attended my first job fair back in 99, a well known lifelong Alaskan said something like this to the attendees.

"We do, what we do up here for a reason. You may not know the reason and we may not be able to explain it to you so you will understand. But there is a reason we do the things we do. So don't come up here an try to change things. We have a hard enough time changing the things we do ourselves. So don't expect a change tomorrow either."
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 12-30-2007 at 20:59. Reason: flop flopping words

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff. I think with the holidays upon us, many of us haven't been checking in as often as usual. We always appreciate the feedback and suggestions, so keep 'em coming!

Default ????

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    Very well said. Heres my suggestion ,how about we create a new topic in the forum menu titled "Non-Residents ask your questions here!" Geez.....
    That is a very rude responce why would you do that?

Talking Calndux

Quote Originally Posted by calndux View Post

Just my dollars worth.

calndux, I agree with you that the debates are needed my only feeling is that they would be better suited to the correct forum for such topics. The hunting forum should be for hunting, & game management forum for game management props, rules concerning usage & such. All I was hoping for was to keep O/T posts a little more on topic.

As to the forums survival well this has turned into a buisness venture & I think he needs all of us to survive. Its a little bigger than just the hunting forum you think