Require that you may not hunt with a rifle in any hunt or area for the taking of big game unless you have successfully demonstrated your shooting skills by completing a shooting proficiency test.
We have this requirement for the bow hunters and those that choose to us a muzzleloader so why not the average rifle hunter.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF NOTHING IS DONE?
• Continued loss of wounded animals.
• Continued excessive damage to meat.
WILL THE QUALITY OF THE RESOURCE HARVESTED OR PRODUCTS PRODUCED BE IMPROVED?
• Yes, there would be less wasted eatable meat.
• It will improve the hunters’ image by the general public by insuring that all hunters have shooting skills.
• One of our “Code of Conduct for Hunters” is to ensure a clean kill in the field.
WHO IS LIKELY TO BENEFIT?
• Most hunters.
• Most game animals
WHO IS LIKELY TO SUFFER?
• Those that can not pass the proficiency test.
OTHER SOLUTIONS CONSIDERED?
• Waiting for your suggestions.