Thread: Iron Dog Race

Default Iron Dog Race

I've searched the net high & low for info on the beginnings of this incredible event, and not even the fine folks at Tesoro Iron Dog can help me.

I'd like to learn about the Founding Fathers, the year of inception and a list of all of the previous racers.

I'm pretty sure this information isn't top secret, and I'd really appreciate it if someone could pass this along.

http://www.irondog.org/

a search on yahoo came up with this....

Default Much thanks

Thanks for the link, but I've searched their site and even sent an email requesting info a couple of months ago, recieving a reply in hours saying they'd be adding some history to the site.

Thumbs up iron dog

the race was started in 1983 john faeo is the only man to race in every race since it started, until this year. the idea came from a yamaha dealer in anchorage, i think. it used to be called the iron dog gold rush classic and now that tesoro became the major sponsor it is called tesoro iron dog.
    the person i would talk to would john faeo himself or maybe ken lee 2 great guys who takes the time to talk with people about iron dog, i know i was one of those people who called all the time trying to get tips on polaris set-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by pudge View Post
    the race was started in 1983 john faeo is the only man to race in every race since it started, until this year. the idea came from a yamaha dealer in anchorage, i think. it used to be called the iron dog gold rush classic and now that tesoro became the major sponsor it is called tesoro iron dog.
    the person i would talk to would john faeo himself or maybe ken lee 2 great guys who takes the time to talk with people about iron dog, i know i was one of those people who called all the time trying to get tips on polaris set-ups.
    Thank you so very much, Pugde.

Looking forward to riding in the non competitive leg to Nome the next time I visit.

Maybe I'll see you there!