Thread: Christensen Arms

Default Christensen Arms

Has anyone had experiences with their carbon wrapped rifle barrels? I was wondering if they are worth the money.

I had a hunter model in 300 um. It shot sub moa, was lightweight i did not have it for a too long to tell you how well it would hold up to what alaska hunts can to do a gun but it did get a few good hits on stuff and it held up great. It got stolen a couple months ago, Keep your eys out maybe you can find a sweet deal on mine when they guy needs some meth. I did not replace it with another but i really had no complaints other than it took 5 different boxes of 60-80 dollar ammo to find out what it liked. everything but federal premiums shot 4 inch or larger groupes at 100. federals shot sub moa, you can gess how happy i was when i left the range that day after finally getting some good groups. but i think that was the calliber not the gun I think because my 700 bdl i had before in 300 um was the same way. the hunter model is about $1800 I think it was worth it, The custom with The rem Ti action and carbon fiber barrel that they have at SW is Bad @$$ but $4000 i dont know that i could ever get myself so spend that much on a gun to go beat the crap out of on a alaska hunt. now I have a sako finlight is 300 wsm and i am very happy with it so far its lightweight and i only have 10 rounds through it and shot a 3/4 inch group and its zeroed so it does shooot very well. That gun was $1300.

I had one in 300rum for about 5 years. it too was finicky as to what you fed it. I found mine to like a 180gr barnes and 8700, with that it was shooting into the .5's. I sold it because it broke every single scope it ever wore. 6.5lbs and 300rum are not good together.

overall I would buy a makers barrel over a christensen, had better luck and weight can be close.

I used the muzzle break all the time except for hunting and i did not have any problems with the recoil at all. Actually now that i have gotten used to it that way my 300 wsm is painfull at the range. I think most if not all of there guns come with the removable brake and i loved it.

Thanks for the info