Thread: Flytying Get-to-gether in the Valley

Default Flytying Get-to-gether in the Valley

Hey guys and gals,
    I have been working on a Saturday Morning fly tying gathering. Trying to get it a the Teeland Merchantile. Just getting together having coffee or what ever and tying and lying. Anyone here interested? No cost, no committment just hanging out and tying.

If anyone has a better idea of a place to meet chime in here.

I am looking at the second Saturday in January for starters...

Please let me know if you are interested.

George

Interested but Saturday's are really tough for me.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default maybe

sounds kinda interesting

Default What's That George

You want to get together in the Tanana Valley?

LOL

Hope you all have fun!

If you're bringing your Nor-Vise I'll be there George!

Wyatt

Hey Moose,
    You may have to sponser the one way up north... Maybe in February I might sneek up and we could try.

Wyatt,
    The Nor-Vise will be with me. I have a wedding to go to this weekend but am trying hard for next saturday. I will try to finalize this for a monday posting...

George

Default :-0 Yep

George I liked the idea you put out and let's say used it.

I contatced the Mid Night Sun Fly Casters and we are going to open our doors on starting this Saturday 10:00AM - 2:00PM and have a Java and tying session till the weather turns. It will posted in their next news letter.

Open invite I will have 10 vises on the our new table with all the fixens for anyone to use no cost just fly tying, and telling fish fibs.

When your up in Squarebanks come on in would be great to chat and make flies.

If any Fairbanks area people whish to participate go to www.bluemooserafting.com go to store link there is a map and address.

Moose-O

I'm up for getting together but not sure next Saturday will work. I will be on a business trip and it might get extended through the weekend. Hopefully we can schedule a few throughout the winter and make it something regular.

I'd be in but I'm going back to Juneau saturday...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

OK guys and gals,
    It is set for this coming Saturday, Nine O-clock 9:00 at the Hernington (sp) Teeland Mercantile, up stairs. Lighting is not that good so if a couple guys could bring a desk lamp this would help. I have one I will be bringing so at least two more would be great.

Bring your vise and some gear to tie a pattern or two and if you have questions on how to I am sure that there will be someone around to address them.

I will be tying with a Nor-Vise so if there are some with questions on patterns with this thing we may be able to figure it out.

I have chosen Teelands so we can have coffee if we wish or even some biscuits and gravy and just get to know others with the same ailment of fly tying. Please feel free to stop by and just hang out and visit as well. Look forward to putting some faces to some screen names...

George

Hope to see some of you tomorrow morning at the "Teelands Tie Inn". Could result in some good deal later on for the tying community...

George

Well the first "Tie Inn" went well. There was a total of six of us, not everyone tied. Good visit and fly talk, great to meet a few from this board. Will try to do another one in a couple weeks and this one will be with a fly theme. Hope you can make the next one. I will keep it posted.

George

Default Fly Tie-In

George,
    Thanks for all your help on getting me started with a couple salmon flies. Must admit that the ones I tied since don't look like those tied with guidance from you and Chris. I'm sure these are simple flies to most experienced fly tiers, so I appreciate you taking the time to walk me through the steps, no matter how painful it was to watch me thumb my way through it. Look forward to the next tie-in session. Take care
    Keith

Jackel,

It was fun and informative for me as well. It is mostly just getting used to handling the tools and materials. The most productive things I have found at these types of get-togethers is tricks and shortcuts that tyers have found usefull. I will keep this site posted for the next "Tie Inn".

George