Thread: 2008 Fishing License

Exclamation 2008 Fishing License

It is that time of the year. If you guys are fishing on New Years Day you are going to need your new 2008 fishing license. You can buy them online, hunting, fishing and trapping all together at once.

The troopers will be checking!!!!! They always do and they always catch someone who forgot.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default uugghhhhh......................

Don't remind me!!! I'm still classified as a non-res... and a fishing license is a major expense. I really need to catch the fish to make it worthwhile!!!!
    Which ain't all bad I guess......

reuben....

Im in the same boat! I have only ben here 5 months. so i get to buy another expensive fishing license and hunting license. Also get to buy a non res bear tag for the spring hunt. It does suck to move her and know i will be here for good and have to spend so much money to do what i moved here for. But come moose hunting i'll be a res and the reason i spend all the money i do now is because its worth it.

Default Bumping

Bumping this to the top in an effort to save the troopers from wasting paper and getting carpal tunnel.

Have a Happy News Year guys.

Default New Licenses

Just a reminder, new licenses are needed if you are hunting, fishing or trapping tomorrow. Or next year.

Happy New Year guys.

Thanks both my wife and I picked up our 2008 tags today as well as King Stamps. Only another 4 months or so and we will get serious about Salmon.

Thumbs down Don't go to Wal-Mart

Stopped Monday(12-31-07) to get my 2008 license and tags. Was in wal-mart on "A" street with kids and decided might as well visit sporting goods department. Was told they didn't have the 2008 licenses or any stamps or tags. "It should only be another week or so......"
    Told them a ticket from the troopers wasn't worth thier "falling prices" shopping!!!! Went to Fred Myer and got my fishing/hunting/trapping/king stamp within 2 minutes of walking in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Just a reminder, new licenses are needed if you are hunting, fishing or trapping tomorrow. Or next year.

Happy New Year guys.

Dave

I thought the trapping license was good until the end or the reg year not the calender year. I may be wrong I will look.

Woody

Default Dec. or end of year? Neither

I just looked it up, neither! Funny that the state has a reg. year, license year and a trapping license year.

How Long Is My Trapping License Valid?

The resident trapping license is good from the date of issue until September 30 of the year following the date of purchase regardless of whether purchased singly or in combination with a hunting or sportfishing license. If you purchase a resident hunting and trapping license on October 1, 2007, the hunting license part of it is only good through December 31, 2007, but the trapping part is valid through September 30, 2008. Nonresident trapping licenses are good from the date of issue through December 31 of the year in which they were purchased.

Leave it up to the politicians to make it easy to keep up to date I think I have been trapping the first part of the season without a license each year since I always buy all 3 the first week of the year together.

Woody

Quote Originally Posted by dandeo2003 View Post
    Stopped Monday(12-31-07) to get my 2008 license and tags. Was in wal-mart on "A" street with kids and decided might as well visit sporting goods department. Was told they didn't have the 2008 licenses or any stamps or tags. "It should only be another week or so......"
    Told them a ticket from the troopers wasn't worth thier "falling prices" shopping!!!! Went to Fred Myer and got my fishing/hunting/trapping/king stamp within 2 minutes of walking in the door.
    I always make a point of buying my license either a) directly from ADF&G or b) from a small vendor that I know gives their $1 commission back to the F&G fund.

I'm a big fan of the fund that at least $1 per license can go into... at least around here, it's gone to some great projects.

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For those on these forums all the time, I surprised more don't just buy their licenses online. I'll admit that I buy the paper copy, as I prefer the small size, but whenever out-of-state visitors come up I have them buy it online and we just print it right then. Pretty darn convenient, and they never run out!