Thread: light weight stock

Default light weight stock

I want to get thde lightest weight stock possible for my 338 win m70. What do you recommend. Also what is the lightest 338wm on the store shelf today.

jim

Default McMillan

McMillan Hunter's Edge.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

+1 McMillan Edge if you want the best. Others to consider are the Brown Pounder and Rimrock. Off the shelf, I do believe the lightest and readily available would be a Kimber Montana. The Remington 700 custom shop KS mountain models and AWRs are also real light, but, since the price hike these are not commonly stocked as they previously were.
    Last edited by Timber Smith; 12-28-2007 at 15:24. Reason: Addition

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

Default Bansners

Mark Bansners High Tech stocks are good. About 20 oz. I sent my Mod. 70 .338 to him a few years ago with Ted Blackburn's one piece drop trigger bow/ floor plate. It allows 4 in the magazine. Anyway, they are very good stocks and their work is first class. I did have them shorten the forearm and cut it to my specified length of pull. The McMillian Edge stock is probably very good and cheaper then what I had done. Lone Wolf makes a very light stock, I heard the forearm is not very rigid though.
    Last edited by .338 mag.; 12-28-2007 at 23:20. Reason: spelling

+1 for Rimrock. They will lay it up to be as light or as heavy as you like. I have one on my Sako 375 H&H and the rifle is a joy to carry, and not too bad to shoot either.

Default Light weight stock

of all the lightweight rifle stocks available, the lightest is Lone Wolf stocks at as I recall....12 oz FINISHED

http://www.lonewolfriflestocks.com/

I have McMillan and Lonewolf stocks, Lonewolf hands down! One item that I really like is Lonewolf's customer service, FAR above McMillan!

Look at Basner Hunting rifles