Thread: Petersville this weekend?

Default Petersville this weekend?

Anybody up for riding this weekend? I went out with a couple guys last weekend and it was a good time. Im from anchorage and would be interested in meeting up here or the valley if we can get a group together.

What happened to people wanting to ride? I would like to go tomorrow but dont want to ride alone.

Default RE

Im game, I went yesterday.
    Donnie

How was it? fresh snow? when would you want to go? I want to find a different way back to peters hills and avoid the bumpy trails. Its alot of fun once your there but riding out and back sucks

Default GPS

I tracked a trail yesterday.

I just got back from Petersville Road. It seems everyone in Alaska was there. All the parking lots were full, even at the end of the road. I *made* my own spot off the edge of the road. that said, lots of great snow...tons of large groups as well. My buddy has a cabin and we had lots of untracked snow, some of the swamps had 2-3 foot of powder. The brush is still sticking up in many areas, so some spots are hard to get through...
    Last evening, pitch black, three guys stopped us. Lost, lost lost. Their first trip ever into the area, down to a 1/4 tank of gas, GPS at home...wanting to go out to mile 126 of the Parks. We offered them a night in the cabin, fuel and food, but they decided to try and find the Kenny Creek Lodge. We set them out on the right trail, hope thy made it!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather