Thread: Bunny Fever

Default Bunny Fever

Been having some good luck lately. A friend and I have got 10 this week. We must have shot at 20 more(Dang .22). I remedied that problem today with the trusty old 870 Express. It was a blast. I can't wait to get out again. Good luck to everyone heading out over the weekend. Shoot straight, and hopefully the'll fall over.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also I found a medium sized moose shed. It is the first one I have found, so I am pretty stoked about that as well.

Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Fish4250 View Post
    Also I found a medium sized moose shed. It is the first one I have found, so I am pretty stoked about that as well.

Fish
    Hah! I found one as well last week while rabbit hunting. Luckily I got to it before the rabbits and shrews did as it's in perfect condition.

This one too. It must have fel off last night or early this morning. I am glad to see it in such good shape.

Default Nice

FISH4250: Nice bunnies; nice pic! Congrats on the hunting. ...bunny legs....mmmmmm....

How do you cook them to make them edible? ( too tough) I have tried several ways and have done everything short of pressure cooking. I love to hunt them but unless I can make figure out a way to tenderize them I am through killing them. Any ideas???

wow.

Nice rabbits!! I'm headin' out tomorrow morning to try and find a couple myself.

What general area are you hunting in??

rabbit stew is great, and I've heard soakin' them in milk or plain water satisfies that taste a bit better.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by MC77 View Post
    How do you cook them to make them edible? ( too tough)
    There is a good thread on cooking hares in the Alaskan Pantry forum.

I've soaked mine in milk for about 2 hours, and then i cooked mine in fajitas and it was great, they weren't tough and they tasted a lot like chicken would

Default Out again today

We did some more brush busting today. The bunnies were few and far between, but we managed to take 5. Seems to be the lucky number. They were pretty much holed up today. Lots and lots of fresh tracks though. Only thing that could make it better is to hear the sound of a pack of hollarin' beagles gettin' after them. Good luck everyone, shoot sraight and hope for em to fall.

Fish