Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HH Impertech

Default HH Impertech

I have decided on HH Impertech for my future AK spring bear hunt on POW island, from a 16' boat. I also plan to use it on future moose (float) and caribou (base camp) hunts. I would also use it in the lower 48 on elk hunts. Weight is an issue since I have to get it to AK for hunts and then get it flown in, as I am sure you know weights limits are typically low.

That said what items do you like? Pants or bib? Which jacket? Obviously bibs would probably keep me the most dry but would weigh more. Most times I wear this will not in in a boat (only POW and 1 moose float) if that matters.

Any way give me your ideas exactly which items are best, and where to get it the cheapest. Also if you have any idea what they weigh please let me know.

Default Bibs

I bought the pants, now I am going to buy the bibs, for the boat they are way better. Is the boat an inflatable? Because you will were the gear a lot. Buy both, leave bibs on you boat, pant in your pack.

For your jacket, get longest possible (3/4 lenth if you can find it)

I like pants, not bibs. irishlord has a good point about bibs and boats though. There's only one impertech jacket.

Default HH

I have the impertech pants and jacket. I have noticed that my pants seam to fall down alot while walking and am curious about trying the bibs to prevent this. Can't say enoughe about Helly Hansen impertech's. They are the only rain gear that I trust on my hunts.

There are at least two different Impertec jackets. One has ventelation and velcro pocket closures and the other has neither.

I also have one pair of pants (for sale) and two pairs of bibs. I like both but the bibs are the way to go if your only going to get one pair.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Quote Originally Posted by bgreen View Post
    There are at least two different Impertec jackets. One has ventelation and velcro pocket closures and the other has neither.
    I can find only one Impertech Jacket here:
    http://www.hellyhansengear.com/index...ATS&Category=3

Is there a place in Anchorage that has some Impertec on the rack so that I can get the right size, and inspect the products? Just curious because I have managed to destroy my frogg toggs in less than a year due to wear. Looking for something more durable.

Default in town

Quote Originally Posted by stratofisher View Post
    Is there a place in Anchorage that has some Impertec on the rack so that I can get the right size, and inspect the products? Just curious because I have managed to destroy my frogg toggs in less than a year due to wear. Looking for something more durable.
    B&J Commercial. Northern Lights and C.

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Alasken View Post
    I can find only one Impertech Jacket here:
    http://www.hellyhansengear.com/index...ATS&Category=3

I hears rumor that they were going to discontinue one of their coats but I thought it was something called a Parka or something like that. A 3/4 length coat of some kind. But I still see both kinds in local stores. I bought the lower cost no vent/no velcro from Trustworthy Hardware in Soldotna, and the higher cost velcro/vent coat from Boondocks in Eagle River.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Default ??

Is this stuff from Cabelas Impertech?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...lly+&noImage=0

Default I don't beleive so

Quote Originally Posted by DonV View Post
    Is this stuff from Cabelas Impertech?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...lly+&noImage=0
    I don't beleive it is. Atleast none of it looks like the impertech I have.
    I think this is the stuff you are looking for.

http://www.backcountryinc.com/shopping/htm/shoprain.asp

Default Not Impertech

I looked at the Cabelas stuff and it definitely is not Impertech.

I'm glad I saw this thread, I checked my jacket and found more wear holes than I througt I had, and after 6 years of putting it to the test, I got my moneys worth. just reordered the new jacket a few minutes ago.

IIRC Grundens make a very similar product, has anyone used it before?

Default impertech

I like the bibs, they seem to ventilate better than the pants. I have both. HH only makes the one jacket now so don't waste your time trying to find two styles. I just weighed three sets of bibs and jackets and they averaged just about 2 3/4 pounds per set.
    You may want to wait a little while before ordering impertech though, a very reliable source has informed me that it's coming out in camo within a few months.
    Cabelas no longer carries Impertech, they want you to buy Cabelas brand of rain gear along with everything else that has "Cabelas" label on it. That's become my pet peev with Cabelas, they've discontinued a lot of name brand merchandise, and replaced it with their name. Probably a much higher profit margin.
    Mark

First my above link has HH gear at Cabelas but again I am not sure if it is Imerteh, second camo in a few months meaning 2 months or 6? I leave in 5!

Default Camo Impertech

The camo Impertech wont appear for several months. It will first be featured at a trade show in Reno in February (not SCI, etc). There are several Helly Hanson site where you can find Impertech.
    Mark

Lightbulb

wags is correct.

i would expect to see the june 2008 h.h. catalong have impertech in camo, in 2 different patterns.

hold off buying the h.h. till next summer...

CZ, sent you an email yesterday, did you get it?

kingfisherktn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast