Thread: Late hunt in PWS

Default Late hunt in PWS

What would you consider too late to hunt the PWS? I'm going the last week of May and I'm afraid they will be too high. It is the earliest i can go. Any good ideas or advise on a late Sound bear hunt.

No, its not too late. The last two weeks in May seem to be the better bet. There will still be snow especially on the north facing slopes. There will be bears lower and on the beach.

Default Appreciate the advise

I really appreciate it. I talked to some guys at work and they told me not to waist my time. It was kinda dis-hearting considering I don't really have a choice in the matter.

Default Their full of ....

Donít listen to their smoke!!! I took my bear 31 May last year. Just enough time to get a little bit of fat but he hadnít found the fish yet. Great eating! Squared 6í2 with a 18 5/8th skull. We saw three bears in one draw over a two hour period.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shoot, depending on what part of the Sound you are talking about, there could be snow right down to the beach. You should have no problems finding bears well into June. We have shot them as early as mid April and well into June. Once June rolls around though, there is a lot of green all over so you have to work a bit harder to find them, but they are there. It is hard to beat PWS in the spring! I cannot wait!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.