Thread: MapSource CD and micro chip

Thumbs up MapSource CD and micro chip

Is there anyone out there that sells both the MapSource CD and the Micro chip as a package? Or, do you have to buy both separately??? Any links would be appreciated. Seems like $69.99 for Topo USA CD is common...$10 more for the Micro chip...I would hope the combo would be cheaper??? Merry Christmas and thanks for any and all help (have a young neighbor boy who hit the big time with Santa, a Garmin CSx!!!)
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

You can get topo 08' for the price you quoted then you are looking at another $29 for a 2 gig SD card. The 2 gig micro SD will let you load the whole state on it plus leave room for additional places you may go like hiking in hawaii or elk in CO. You can get just the AK topo on micro SD for about $89 from sportsmans and probably cheaper online but then you don't have anything else.

I was wondering if you could do this or not....seemed like the way to go. Thanks for the input.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Default You can use a smaller Micro SD card

I don't know how other Garmin GPS units do it, but the Vista CS that I have has a maximum of just over 2000 map items that it will allow on any one card. That takes up about 512 MB of storage space. Using a larger is wasted space. Still, that is more than the whole states of AK and HI. I haven't seen any really good deals on 512 MB Micro SD cards for a while though, so perhaps the 2 GB cards aren't a bad idea.