Thread: Sheep Video Clip

Default Sheep Video Clip

With all the sheep talk lately and video clips on the forum I figured I would try and upload part of our sheep hunt this year. Hope it works. Its a short clip. First shot is low but next one gets it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzkkcPooJbA

Default Nice!

thats awesome...!

Default nice

That is cool. What elevation were you guys at. Looks like fun

Did he hit it in the spine? What ammo/rifle? Fantastic video can't wait till next year! How many months till sheep season...

Default Good Job

Cool,

I had the chance to have a goat hunt last year videoed and i will treasure that moment on film for a long time....
    Bigmnt

Default elevation

We were at around 7000ft elevation. Second shot was pretty much a spine shot. He paused at the base of a steep incline where I made that second shot. I was shooting a Remington rifle chambered in .280 My partner did a great job of keeping the camcorder steady during the shot. He got my caribou on film as well.

Default The Vedeo next to yours is a good one also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6WdW-EfjS0&NR=1

Ward, I hope you do not mind me posting this but I watched after I watched yours...... Post the Bou hunt also. I would love to see it....Bigmnt

Default on the first video....

not sure what you mean - 1st shot low.

"First shot is low but next one gets it done."

Yes it is low but if you look closely you did hit the sheep...prob not lethal tho. The second shot definitely appears to be a spine shot. Congratulations on the ram.

Default first shot

Yeah I knew I hit him with the first shot. I was given a hard time for hitting him low at such close range so I figured I would just throw that out there from the beginning.

Great video, thanks for sharing.

Default More footage?

Do you have more footage of the hunt? The stalk, or even camp stuff?

Thanks for posting!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Additional footage

Mike

Yes we got several hours of footage. We pretty much filmed until our second battery went dead. Funny thing was the second battery went dead about 10 seconds before we landed after coming out of the field. The only other sheep we got really close up to was a sub legal ram that we put a stalk on during day two. We got within about 40 yards of him and another little ram.

Kyle

God I love seeing that footage! Though I had already seen it <grin> it sure is fun to watch. You da man!