Thread: Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan Laminated in .338 WM???

Former Palmer Resident, currently back in Northern NH

Default Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan Laminated in .338 WM???

I want one. With the black finish and laminated stock. Who else would buy one?

I think one of these with a 22in barrel, factory sights, and a VX-III 1.5-5 in QR mounts would be quite a rig, and it would be virtually indestructable.

The .338 WM is to keep with a standard, readily available cartridge that I already have hundreds of rounds of brass/bullets/loads for.

Anyone?

Where you seeing this rifle at?

Only in my head

Question Ruger QR rings.........

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I want one. With the black finish and laminated stock. Who else would buy one?

I think one of these with a 22in barrel, factory sights, and a VX-III 1.5-5 in QR mounts would be quite a rig, and it would be virtually indestructable.

The .338 WM is to keep with a standard, readily available cartridge that I already have hundreds of rounds of brass/bullets/loads for.

Anyone?
    Where do you get QR rings for the Ruger Mod 77?
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no other place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth." ...Ronald Reagan.....please never forget this!!!

From Warne, of course. With the levers.

Default Available

The 338 should be available now and you can order one from any Ruger dealer. I would try Wal-mart, they will order any gun that they are distributers of and thier Ruger Hawkeye price is $70 cheaper than anyone else in Anchorage. I just got the 375 Ruger Hawkeye for Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Where you seeing this rifle at?

I was writing about a rifle that Ruger doesn't make. The Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan, but in .338 WM with a laminated stock.

I already have a plain jane, blued/walnut M77 MKII in .338 WM (I like the standard MKII better than the standard Hawkeye). It's off getting NECG sights installed right now (with my SS M70).

Incedentally, my M77 MKII came with a 3 1/2 lb trigger right out of the box. Usually not what I would expect from past M77's.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OKElkHunter View Post
    The 338 should be available now and you can order one from any Ruger dealer. I would try Wal-mart, they will order any gun that they are distributers of and thier Ruger Hawkeye price is $70 cheaper than anyone else in Anchorage. I just got the 375 Ruger Hawkeye for Christmas.
    You get the African or the Alaskan? Both are sweet rifles.

Default intresting choice

If you already have a M77 MkII with a blued barrel and in the .338, why buy another for $600 when you can get just the laminated stock from Ruger for $75?.. If you like the new Hawkey Alaskan, go ahead and get it in .375. Sure, you have plenty of .338's loaded, it was fun huh? Now you can build up loads for a .375...

Thumbs up Warne QR Rings

Warne QR Lever Rings Matte Med 1" for Ruger got mine from Brownell for my Ruger Alaska 375.

Leupold 1.5x5 Matte

Note Free Repacement stock from Houge for Ruger Alaskan

1-800-438-4747 Houge Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Northern View Post
    If you already have a M77 MkII with a blued barrel and in the .338, why buy another for $600 when you can get just the laminated stock from Ruger for $75?.. If you like the new Hawkey Alaskan, go ahead and get it in .375. Sure, you have plenty of .338's loaded, it was fun huh? Now you can build up loads for a .375...
    Don't think for even a minute that I haven't been walking around for months trying to justify that to myself (and think of a good reason to tell the wife why I need another .375....) I already have 2 .375 H&H rifles, a M70 Super Express CRF (red recoil pad and raised comb.... ohhh, nice) and a CZ550 with a recently added American stock (CZ is serial number 2007 just as a curious note...).

I was thinking about adding the laminated stock to the M77, I had no idea it was that inexpensive.

Mike

Default African

I got the African, I am partial to Walnut stocks and like the extra 3 inches of barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You get the African or the Alaskan? Both are sweet rifles.